So, who does the dishes?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
My wife is the prep queen. By that I mean she does a large majority of the food prep (she does an awesome job at it I migh add) for smoking; I do the smoking.

When it comes time for dishes, she does the prep and after smoke dishes; the dishes I do are tidying up the smoker and area, cleaning the grates, water pan, chip tray and drip pans (these are the hard to clean, crust burnt on peices).

If I were to be doing dishes while the smoke was on, I would not be able to monitor temps, smoke or my refreshement !!!

Just out of curiousity, how is this handled at your house?

Being just myself I get to do all the dishes and the smoking and all the other prep and cleanup.

Lucky man you are having help.

Kookie

I do all the prep and all outside "work". Wife fixes the kitchen back up after I get the meat on, then all outside cleanup is mine.

In our house, the cook never cleans. However with smoking, I usually make a huge mess doing the prep and while I'm out tending the smoker and meat, she usually grumbles a lot and when I come back in, 'her' kitchen is clean again.

KE

They wifey will tell you, that I run things around my house. The vacuum, dishwasher, washer, dryer. What's that dear? Yes dear. Gotta go time to fix her breakfast. yes pumpkn I am on my way yes I will hurry.

We'll guys, I wear the pants in our house, they just zip up the on side.
icon_redface.gif

Lou

I do most of the prep work and all of the smoking, but the wife helps with the cleanup. Some of what we use is disposable, so that helps cut down of the mess. As for the rest it mostly goes in the dishwasher.

This hands create, eat and clean! I am germ-a-phob which makes it great for the wife because I always want to clean things. She actually has to tell me to stop and that she will clean something tomorrow so that I wont' do it!

I do all the prep and cleanup when I smoke. We share cooking duties depending on what we are having. I always cook breakfast and we do our own lunches most of the time. We share non-smoked dinners depending on what's for dinner. We both have our favorite dishes and always talk about "what's for dinner"... As far as the dishes my wife does most of the clean up there. I sometimes help there but not very often... Works for us...

My wife does the dishes as I do the cooking, prep and all.
Our agreement is that the cook don't clean.
So during the week since she gets off before me, she does the cooking and I do the cleaning. It all works out in the end...

I do all the prep work, smoking and the dishes too. It's ok with me, The smoker has been my little project. She does all the other cooking anyway. Hell, I'm not even allowed to load the dishwasher... seems I don't do it the "right" way.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Now if i can just figure out how to get those grates clean in a timely mannor.
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif

when she cooks, I do the dishes, and when I cook, I do the dishes. so I guess the majority of the time, I do the kitchen clean up. but it's okay. she puts up with me for the rest of the time.

I do the prep, the smoke, grillin', cookin', Gloria does the dishes and me.

me, me and me......unless I'm cooking a whole hog in the ground. Then I look for recruits.
smile.gif

There Is This Women I Chat With Online.and She Promises Me She Will Do All The Cooking And Clean Up..lmao ..ok I Told Her ..to Bad She Lives In The Philippiens.....and Because Of Our New Regulations Since 911 ...we Just Remain Friends..kinda Sad But She Is A Very Nice Person..cracks Me Up Every Day.

I do the smoking and cleaning. My wife does the eatin! Man you should see her. Large aint the word I would use........

Word

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky