So I wanted to try Jeff's Rub...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Monroe, NC USA
So I wanted to try Jeff's rub. So I bought a sampler pack of rubs and sauce. I put some texas rub on some beef short ribs and some of the regular rub on some chicken legs...and here is what is how it's coming along...

Extra Meaty Beef short ribs...
IMG_20200101_081623.jpg

All rubbed with Jeff's Texas Rub

IMG_20200101_081957.jpg

Chicken legs
IMG_20200101_084059.jpg

Legs with Jeff's Rub
IMG_20200101_084355.jpg

WSM 22.5 with a ThermaPro TP-08
IMG_20200101_103329.jpg

several pics of the cook...
IMG_20200101_105521.jpg
IMG_20200101_120626.jpg
IMG_20200101_120632.jpg

Thanks for looking
Once it is finished I will tell you how I like it and post some money shots!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

We love the sauce and we tasted the rubs think they'll be good but its the first time i have smoked with them.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Nice job Aaron! Looks good from here. LIKE! My wife and I love Jeff's rubs and sauce. I bought the recipes and started using them every so often, but now it is all we have been using. Just made up a double batch of original rub and one batch of sauce yesterday. :emoji_wink: John

Am I understanding this right John? When you buy Jeff's rubs and sauces there are ingredient directions on the bottle to make your own when that runs out? RAY

Good looking meal! Bet they took forever to rest.

Ray, you can get his recipes if you want to make them yourself. For a small fee on his website. At least you used to be able to, I got them before he started packaging them himself to be more convenient

Ryan

Ray, if you click on his web link it pops up on first page. Figured I better double check, didn't want to lead anyone astray Ryan

Thanks Ryan! I saw the link when I clicked on "SHOP". I'll have to toss it around, I've been more than just a little happy with Chile's basic pork rub, didn't cost me twenty bucks to find out how to make it. RAY

Looks fantastic!! I make Jeff’s sauce for friends who swear it’s the best they have ever tasted. These are some well traveled Q eating folks too.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That's some tasty looking chicken! How lomg did the ribs take? It had to be a lot longer than the bird.
I pulled at same time... the bird was 168 IT and the ribs were 180 and they tasted great but a little tough I'm gonna finish in the oven later. the ribs were at the top of the smoker...tastes like brisket on a stick!

thanks to everyone else who says nice things about my Q!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Beef Short Ribs are my favorite. Where did you get them and how much per pound? I need to start going to a butcher. None of my local markets have anything like those tasty treats.

Beef Short Ribs are my favorite. Where did you get them and how much per pound? I need to start going to a butcher. None of my local markets have anything like those tasty treats.
I got these at food lion and they had them marked down to like $3.19/# as clearance but normally $6.99/#. I think the guy who cut them left more meat than he was supposed to or something. they are tasty though!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I got these at food lion and they had them marked down to like $3.19/# as clearance but normally $6.99/#. I think the guy who cut them left more meat than he was supposed to or something. they are tasty though!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Gotta love those food lion specials!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky