Smoking Turkeys

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrisebo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2015
Dayton ohio
Got a couple small turkeys to smoke, was going to do something with one and bacon. Would stuffing the bird with bacon work out, or do you think it would be a uncooked greasy mess?

I'm far from an expert, but I'm thinking it would not cook well. If you want bacon, search for a bacon butter recipe, spatchcock it and pack the butter under the skin.

Last edited:
I think stuffing a turkey is a fools errand and potentially unsafe. Especially when smoking. If you cure the birds with a brine like Pops there will be plenty of bacon flavor so no need to use it all.

If your going to use bacon as a stuffing I would cook it first, then use it in the stuffing.
Al

I think stuffing a turkey is a fools errand and potentially unsafe. Especially when smoking. If you cure the birds with a brine like Pops there will be plenty of bacon flavor so no need to use it all.

If your going to use bacon as a stuffing I would cook it first, then use it in the stuffing.
Al

It would be bacon only. Just a turkey stuffed with bacon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky