Smoking some Blue cheese and Swiss today. 24 degrees out. Perfect weather for a cold smoke!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very cool!

I think I'm gonna try smoked Blue Cheese next

Sounds awesome

I tried the blue cheese today..

well I ate a wedge of it just a little left in the corner and I should have left it on longer its not as smoky as I wanted but still good.  I think the blue cheese taste is enhanced and amplified by the smoking.  The Swiss and Cheddar are from different smokes and I have not tried the Swiss I did with this blue cheese.

Stan

I just did my first cheese 10 days ago - took out of the smoker and immediately vacuum sealed it for 2 weeks. Should I have wiped them down before sealing? Maybe not sealed right away? I haven't tried the cheese yet as I am waiting for another 4 days to try. Any suggestions are helpful

Great looking Cheese! We really like smoked Swiss. Gonna have to get my hands on some good blue cheese and give it a go!
If you can find it in your area Rouge Valley Creamery Crater Lake Blue if FANTASTIC! Or better yet their gorganzolla!
drool.gif

of the many cheeses we do blue or gorganzola are one of the vavorites,,,, nothing better over a salad , i usuallt let the blues run 3-4 hrs depending on size of cheese. altho we do like a aliitle more smoke flavor than most. just my input. enjoy, you will find the timing that works best for you.

tom

of the many cheeses we do blue or gorganzola are one of the vavorites,,,, nothing better over a salad , i usuallt let the blues run 3-4 hrs depending on size of cheese. altho we do like a aliitle more smoke flavor than most. just my input. enjoy, you will find the timing that works best for you.

tom
I agree to the more smoke flavor. I should have gone 4 hrs on the blue cheese.  It is still good but could have been smokier . I love a cobb salad with blue.
Apple wood smoked bleu cheese. sounds amazing, cant wait to try
Apple sounds good. I have two apple trees and will harvest some wood for next year this spring.
I just did my first cheese 10 days ago - took out of the smoker and immediately vacuum sealed it for 2 weeks. Should I have wiped them down before sealing? Maybe not sealed right away? I haven't tried the cheese yet as I am waiting for another 4 days to try. Any suggestions are helpful
I do pat with paper towel before sealing but I don't think it will hurt it. Let us know how it turned out.
Very cool!

I think I'm gonna try smoked Blue Cheese next

Sounds awesome
Blue is great Todd I am waiting for my last order from you to be delivered today
yahoo.gif
but the mail won't be here till after noon
th_crybaby2.gif
.  Thanks for the great service.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky