Smoking Snack Sticks Hang them or Rack them?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mac73

Original poster
May 16, 2011
I have made snack stick a few times and always rack them, but I see people hanging them also.  As like everyone else I am trying to better my finish product.  So what do people prefer and anyone try both ways?

I've done them both ways and personally I like the look of them better hanging. If I use the racks they get the indents from the racks on them. Other than appearance though no real difference that I can tell. I guess depending on your smoker, if you use your racks you may have to move them around( rotate). Just my experience.

I guess really a person should do whichever gives them the most efficient use of space in their smoker. Some aren't really tall enough to hang effectively and vice versa. To me, sausage should be hung mostly because that's the way its been done historically. I'm sure it will be fine either way. I think I racked mine one time for some reason but other than that I have always hung them. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky