Smoking in Afghanistan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The best part of getting meat was trading with Special Forces for use of their range and toys and being able to use their slushy machine. Amazing what you can get for a couple racks of ribs.

My bro-in-law's unit used to trade all their hamburgers and hot dogs with the younger guys in a differant unit and in return would get steak and ribs.... lol.

Thank you for your service! I hope you get all this going and you are able to get some bbq going. Sounds like you need a couple partners in crime to tend the smoker while on duty. I hope it works out so you can smoke some meat a couple of times a week. 

I can't imagine why the military would contract out the mess! I wouldn't like that idea! I'm so glad they did not do that in Nam, if you ever smelled the fish and cabbage they cooked, you'd know why!!

Thank all you guys too, who are helping out!

Hi all, wanted to see if anyone has an update from rj, who started this thread and I think is still in Afghanistan.  I sent a pm to see if anything is needed.  I would love to be involved with any care package drive to support our troops.

Thanks,

Sir, thank you for your service.  You may be home by now, but I still want to thank you!  We have two sons in the Marines.   Hope you have a "Smoking" day! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky