Smoking a pork shoulder on Saturday and serving on Sunday....question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lakedawgs

Original poster
May 24, 2009
Central Indiana
Howdy,
Smoking a shoulder for my son's college graduation. Smoking on Saturday and serving on Sunday around 1pm.
I have read a couple of different ideas. Smoke, cool, pull, fridge overnight, reheat the next day, OR, Smoke, cool, fridge overnight, reheat and pull the next day.
What have you all had the best luck with? Hoping for some good bark retention.
THANKS
Lakedawgs

Howdy,
Smoking a shoulder for my son's college graduation. Smoking on Saturday and serving on Sunday around 1pm.
I have read a couple of different ideas. Smoke, cool, pull, fridge overnight, reheat the next day, OR, Smoke, cool, fridge overnight, reheat and pull the next day.
What have you all had the best luck with? Hoping for some good bark retention.
THANKS
Lakedawgs
I prefer to Smoke, Cool, Pull and put in the fridge and reheat the next day in a slow cooker. I like to save as much of the drippings from the wrap and add in the next day. I have been known to add Apple Juice and bone broth when re-heating.

Good luck,

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky