Smokin' for Charity!!!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by meowey, Oct 20, 2007.

1. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I used the GOSM last week to smoke the pork I'm going to use in the Brunswick stew. (See http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ead.php?t=9487 )

Next Saturday I'm going to need to fire both up. Beans in the GOSM and Babies in the CharGriller.

Yea the leaves are all over the place.

[​IMG]

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

2. roper76

roper76 Fire Starter

meowey thats sounds like a great cause and you cant beat havin fun while helpin good luck

3. meowey

Here is the hour 10 q-view. Looks like we have some plateaus. At some point this evening, I'm going to double foil them all and put them in the oven set at 210F. I will pull them when I get up in the morning.

[​IMG]

Regards,

Meowey

4. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

nice REAL nice............

you need to lighten up the temp views abit tho...........wow.......stall at 150 crap...........

d8de

5. meowey

Sorry - the flash was at the wrong angle, and I only took one shot due to unjustified overconfidence. Big butt has stalled at 132!

Regards,

Meowey

6. hawgheaven

hawgheaven Master of the Pit OTBS Member

As always Meowy, nicely done... you da' man! [​IMG][​IMG]

7. walking dude

so.......then.......i take it........the bigger the butt.........the lower the stall temp..........or.........once again.........each meat has its OWN chararistics?

d8de

8. meowey

I don't think size has much relationship with stall temp. As you said yourself, each piece of meat is different. That is one of our joys when we set out to smoke a piece of meat, we never know if or when it might plateau.

Regards,

Meowey

9. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great deal Meowey. You're a good man Charlie Brown. Those things look great to me.... and you're doing it for a good cause.

Yeah Dude.. each meat is it's own animal (huh???) The stall will be different (even start at different points) on most pieces. Regardless of size

10. walking dude

yeah but wow...........130...............that one goes inn my book.........so i won't freak if it happens to me............

another thought........i have read here where some cuts have more than one stall.............do you think with a stall this low.......you mite experience this phenom?

d8de

11. meowey

It's possible but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. LOL In fact i will probably sleep right through it.

Regards,

Meowey

12. meowey

Here is the hour 12 Q-view. I have foiled all butts and placed them in a 210F oven. I will pull them in the morning.

[​IMG]

Regards,

Meowey

13. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

yer killin' me brutha..... now i got something great to shoot for next wkend.- thats my kinda colors.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    you get 3 thumbs up.

14. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Meowy -

My hats off to you! You are such a sweet and amazingly wonderful man! There should be more like you. Do you have a brother???? [​IMG]

15. meowey

Well folks.

It's now the next day. I double foiled the "quads" last evening, placed them on baking sheets in a 210F oven, and went to bed. At 4:15 this morning the cats woke me up, I smelled the wonderful aroma of smoked pork, and got up. I wrapped each butt (still foiled) in a layer of plastic wrap, and a towel and placed them in the cooler. I went back to bed. At about 7:30 I started the pulling process. They were still too hot to handle when they were first broken open. I don't know if it was the plastic wrap (first time doing this) or the long slow oven treatment, but these butts had more liquid in the packets than I have ever seen. I saved the liquid to de-fat and add back to the pork when I pack it in foodsaver bags to be frozen.

Butt with bone falling out!

[​IMG]

Pan 'o Pork!!!

[​IMG]

Close up! (Do you wish you had "Smell-o-Vision"?)

[​IMG]

Man, oh man, there's nothing quite like a bit of pulled pork for breakfast!!!

More on this saga next Saturday. See you then!

Regards,

Meowey

16. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Holy Beautiful Butts, Batman...err.. CATman!

17. cajun_1

cajun_1 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

After those Q-View pics ... I'd rather have "Taste O Vision. Geeat Job.

18. gofish

gofish Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

BRAVO [​IMG]

Cant wait for the next episode!

19. pigcicles

pigcicles Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That's Incredulous Meowey. That close up is to die for. Thanks for sharing.. you really did do good.

Keep Smokin

20. low&slow

low&slow Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Took the words right outa my mouth.
    I love the bark, its beautiful!!!