Smokin' for Charity!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meowey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 16, 2006
Northern NY (Adirondacks)
Hey there folks!

Meowey here with another smoke post. This time it's going to take a week to smoke all the stuff and post the q-view. I'm providing the food for the local Elks Lodge, who are having a charity fund raiser dinner. All proceeds from the dinner are going to the Elks National Foundation, a charitable fund that supports many national and state Elk projects. Some of the projects funded on the national level are the Elks scholarship programs, Drug Abuse Prevention, and the Elks National Veteran's Service Commission. Money also goes to each State Elks Association to support state based projects, such as cancer research, Cerebral Palsy, and youth camps.

The menu will be Pulled Pork, Wicked Beans, Baby Backs (buck a rib), slaw, Brunswick Stew, home made desserts, and assorted beverages.

This weekend I'm smoking and pulling the butts and making the BBQ sauce.

Next Saturday I'll do the ribs, beans, slaw, and stew.

Wish me luck!!

Butts just on the smoker

pork_smoke_oct_20_07_001.jpg

Butts at 2 1/2 hours (notice the digital display - I wish the CharGriller had that built in)

pork_smoke_oct_20_07_003.jpg

More q-view later.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Meowy

Your smoke will raise bunches of money! Glad you'll be enjoying yourself while helping a good cause.

It's good to see the bbq community helping out where they can.....I'm sure everything will turn out great and much money will be rasied.

Those are some mouth watering looking butts Meowey. Makes em taste better when they're for such a good cause. I especially like the way you integrated the temp pics in there too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Meowey you are da man , it's great to be able to do a smoke for charity, and with you at the smoke helm I'm sure everything will be a great success, and awesome q-view by the way
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Nice looking set of quadruplets you have there Meowey !!! I also like the integrated temp into the pics, adds a little info.....

Always true. It must have been one mean pig. Looks like it caught up. Now just waiting to see which will plateau! (Probably all of them)

Here is Hour 7 1/2 Q-view

pork_smoke_oct_20_07_005.jpg

Regards,

Meowey

Let's see they weigh 6lb-11 oz, 7lb-1oz, 8lb-4oz, and 8lb-14oz. The little on is winning at the moment.

Photoshop is great. I learn something new each time I use it. Today's little Photoshop tweak is turning the thermo layer into B+W so it does not stick out too much against the black background of the smoker lid!

Regards,

Meowey

Are you sure your not photoshoppin them butts too? Cause they look almost too good to be true. The redish coloring!! Man those are gonna be good!

There is a lot of paprika in my rub. I am applying the auto fix in photoshop. As I said, I'm still learning. The new camera is my motivation to play with photoshop! LOL

Regards,

Meowey

Hey Meowey, is the ol GOSM going to see some of the action or acquire a complex?

Nice job going on there
icon_confused.gif

Just got back from Gatlinberg TN and your leaves on the ground have them beat hands down
icon_razz.gif
...guess we were about 1 or 2 weeks early

If you need a taste tester I will volunteer
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky