Smoker Fixed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danj

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
Wyoming Michigan
Hello All,
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Two things, First and best of all, Today I got the new heating element and thermastat cord to fix my smoker. Second, I bought dowls to modify the smoker to use as meat stick racks. I bought 1/2" dia. and cut them to fit across the smoker. Now for the question. for the casings what size should I get for meat snack sticks? I will be trying summer sausage and will be needing ALL the help I can get.
Thanks and God Bless.
Dan

Can't help you with the sausage questions since I am only just now venturing into that realm but I'm really happy for you having gotten your smoker fixed.
I can't imagine what I would do if I didn't have a smoker running.
Sip on a bottle of liquid smoke?...I hope not...

Well not having a smoke is like ................... well it is worse than pulling teeth, ummm worse than water boarding.....(i dont think that was a bad thing anyway, If you cant stand behind out troops, then stand in front of them) it is worse than the wife being mad. the list goes on and on.

i think the casings i use are 19mm for the sticks i got them from psseasonings summer sausage im not sure about just getting into that myself

i just checked they were 21 mm and here is a pic of mine on the smoker using a similar setup as you described with the wooden dowels that is what i did

here they are on a tray getting ready to be cut and vacum packed make lots cause they dont last

they look great, I am thinking of adding some cheese and garlic to the meat sticks. and suggestions on what cheese to use? I was thinking swiss.

swiss sounds great just remember when you add chese if it isnt high temp cheese it will leave a void when it melts i have never tried it but that is what i read but sure sounds damn good let me know how it works if you try it

Don't you have to use some high temp cheeses. I use what ever thy say to 21mm sounds good to me. I'm glad you got your smoker fixed there dan. So what happened to the GOSM ?

Im gonna wait till i find the right one, the one that i was going to get friday was the small one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky