Smoked tri-tip tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

myownidaho

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 27, 2016
Southwest Idaho
I decided it was a taco night. I smoked and reverse seared the tri-tip from my half steer. I also whipped up some fresh coleslaw, salsa and guacamole. Stuffed into tortillas and dusted with Cojita. Modelo and a touch of mezcal on the side.

2A53F679-F343-45C1-96FC-8173429DD798.jpeg
1863F01D-C710-4703-BDCD-B35121B0B64F.jpeg
5A9C63BD-30FC-4BB3-8B1E-A66D88E06C04.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

Thanks everybody! They were tasty. Leftovers on tap for tonight.

The color on the salsa is from the tomatoes I used. I grew Blue/Gold cherry tomatoes last year and this was the bag I pulled from the freezer to make salsa with.

This Texan knows Tacos. Those are perfect and over the top brother. The Mezcal is a nice touch. Like Like Like. B

Thanks bd! That’s fine praise coming from a Texan. The leftovers tonight were quite tasty as well.

Nice looking taco's. I only wish we could get TP here at a reasonable cost.

Point for sure.

Chris

Those tacos look absolutely marvelous! I’m getting hungry looking at them and it’s not even lunchtime.

Like!

Those are some mighty fine looking taco's you made up. Like that for sure. Congrats on the carousel ride...

Those are some mighty fine looking taco's you made up. Like that for sure. Congrats on the carousel ride...

Thanks, ab!

Excellent! Mighty fine looking tacos! Did you marinate the tri-tip or just season on the outside?

Kosher salt and pepper. This beef is grown by a friend of mine. He buys them in March and they spend six months eating grass and grain. No other seasoning is really needed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky