smoked Scallops on a bed of fresh corn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

David Tooley

Original poster
Feb 19, 2019
It's that time of year again with corn coming into season. Here's a recipe I came up with. Makes a great salad or light entrée.
Smoked scallops on a bed of fresh corn.
Smoke scallops with just little bit of pecan wood for 45 minutes @225
While that is cooking cook the fresh sweet corn. When done cut it off the cob.
I make a bed with butternut lettuce and fill with the corn. Add a sprinkle of salt.
Place a few scallops on top.
All can be done ahead of time, refrigerated and served cold.
Seems to impress people.

The key is finding the balance between the sweetness of the scallops and the smoke.

Sign me up for that, I like scallops just about any way they end up on my plate. RAY

I’d love to try them with a mild smoke. We are big on the food prob here. Post up those pics.

Sounds good.
But I've never cooked them for anywhere near 45 minutes at 225* that seems like a really long time to cook such a delicate seafood.

That sounds delicious to me!
I love sweet white corn & I love scallops!
I bet it was fantastic!
Al

Sounds good.
But I've never cooked them for anywhere near 45 minutes at 225* that seems like a really long time to cook such a delicate seafood.
That's what works for me in my smoker. They do shrink a bit at 45 minutes. They are put in cold so I would assume it takes awhile for them to come up to temp. I know you can't go past 45 or they dry out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky