Smoked Salmon Poppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
I get whacky ideas regarding the contents of both jalapeno poppers and deviled eggs. Here is my latest. Had a hunk of smoked salmon leftover from the weekend and I wasn't sharing any more of it with the dogs so off we go.

Here's the fixins. Nuefchatel instead of cream cheese. Its a sort of spin-off of a cream cheese bagel with red onion. I only do the canoe style anymore.

20230607_161943.jpg

20230607_162122.jpg

Mixed in some everything bagel seasoning and stuffed them full. Next time more salmon less cheese....

20230607_162750.jpg

Wrapped in bacon and onto the pellet pooper at 265 (I think?)

20230607_180449.jpg

Finished and tasty.

20230607_181342.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I've done the same thing and really like them.... but I'm a trout, steelhead, & salmon guy anyway. Using a tuna salad mixture is also pretty good.
Tuna salad... now that sounds like a great idea.

Just curious -- what is Nuefchatel?
It's like cream cheese, but far less fatty. Most people can't tell the difference.

Just 6......!!!! Man those look really good.

Jim
Just me and the dogs.. and I ain't sharing with them :emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
I'm in!! Those look and sound simply amazing. I can only guess that they were off the charts. Never thought about salmon poppers but it's a fantastic idea. Love it.

Robert

Reactions: mr_whipple
Nice spin on the abt Mr. Whipple. Next time I do up some salmon I have to remember these.

Point for sure
Chris

I'm in!! Those look and sound simply amazing. I can only guess that they were off the charts. Never thought about salmon poppers but it's a fantastic idea. Love it.

Robert
Like I said, next time more salmon less cheese, but they were still killer.
Nice spin on the abt Mr. Whipple. Next time I do up some salmon I have to remember these.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks!

Damn, those look fantastic! When my peppers start coming in, I know the first thing I'm doing.

Excellent! I've use grilled fish and blackened fish before, but not salmon. The only way we get salmon is to buy it and it's kind of pricey, but I will keep that in mind...:emoji_wink:

Looks amazing! Really got the gears turning and the mouth watering!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky