Smoke Shacks - Let's see them

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dischief

Original poster
May 28, 2023
I'm in eastern Ontario and looking for more ideas with my shack. Throwing around the idea of putting a tv up. Anyone else have a tv out in the smoke shack? How does it handle weather? More so, the fluctuations in temperature.
IMG_5136.jpeg

Last edited:
I like what ya got going there.
Don't think a TV in the cooler climate would be a good thing. Cold and then warm when Tv is on would create alot of internal condensation I would think. Just my opinion 🤷‍♂️

I like what you have going on there , and like Winterrider Winterrider said , tv not so good in the cold because of the condensation.

We have one under our roof area all summer and love it at night , bring it in with the winter shut down.

DSC_0440.JPG
As for the the smoke shack, I like yours as it is like a cantina idea cooking and sitting in the same area.

Mine is just that I call it the " Smokers Shack " a building away from the windows because I was told to, lol
Not far from house, and because of the beautiful weather here in Nova Scotia, I wanted an enclosed building so I can smoke all year, as long as I can walk to it I will smoke there .

DSC_2133 - Copy (2).JPG DSC_2154.JPG DSC_3577.JPG

David

I like what you have going on there , and like Winterrider Winterrider said , tv not so good in the cold because of the condensation.

We have one under our roof area all summer and love it at night , bring it in with the winter shut down.

View attachment 677984
As for the the smoke shack, I like yours as it is like a cantina idea cooking and sitting in the same area.

Mine is just that I call it the " Smokers Shack " a building away from the windows because I was told to, lol
Not far from house, and because of the beautiful weather here in Nova Scotia, I wanted an enclosed building so I can smoke all year, as long as I can walk to it I will smoke there .

View attachment 677985 View attachment 677986 View attachment 677987

David
Nice little set up! I like the idea of having the vertical raised up like that.
I should have clarified, my plan is to bring the tv inside in the late fall once the temp drops.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I am building one (semi in-closed) this coming spring to “house” the X-Fire, Copper Pot, Rt1250, Weber…. Well all my cookers….. I’ve started in a few ideas in Sketchup, so watching….. we are setting up the under house like David but I’m building a propane fire pit…

I’m trying to decide if ours has a “bar” type sitting space or just prep space. I’m limited to 200sq ft total and 9 feet so I don’t have to pull a permit.

Yours looks pretty nice and I’m with David for warm months a TV would be “ok”, it looks like you already have speakers for some dinner tunes (probably the most important thing)….my wife loves to listen to tunes as she preps and cooks. Maybe a ceiling fan for the hotter months…..

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I am building one (semi in-closed) this coming spring to “house” the X-Fire, Copper Pot, Rt1250, Weber…. Well all my cookers….. I’ve started in a few ideas in Sketchup, so watching….. we are setting up the under house like David but I’m building a propane fire pit…

I’m trying to decide if ours has a “bar” type sitting space or just prep space. I’m limited to 200sq ft total and 9 feet so I don’t have to pull a permit.

Yours looks pretty nice and I’m with David for warm months a TV would be “ok”, it looks like you already have speakers for some dinner tunes (probably the most important thing)….my wife loves to listen to tunes as she preps and cooks. Maybe a ceiling fan for the hotter months…..
I was thinking ceiling fan as well, we'll see what next summer brings. I first put the "bar" in for prep, but soon realized i wanted to be able to sit there and ponder life at the same time lol. I was thinking of building a slide out at the end of the bar that would have drop down legs so I have a temporary work area that would stow away when done.
We are limited to 160 sqft before needing a permit so this is just shy at 12x12.

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky