smoke flavor

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cheat and add a little liquid smoke.

Chris

About 180-200* taste it when stirring and smoke to taste.It will get smokier after sitting.There are too many variables to tell you how long.It's one of those things you have to learn to do your own tastes.

Edit If it's not a thick or sugary sauce just put it in with you next smoke @225-250*
Though It will still skin up on top between stirs probably.

I usually make a batch of sauce when I'm going to smoke something.
I leave the sauce in the smoker for 3 or 4 hours if I'm smoking at 225.
When I'm smoking at a higher temp, I don't leave it in there very long as it will start to boil & reduce down.
If your smoker has a cool spot put it there.
Al

Cheat and add a little liquid smoke.
LOL this is one simple cheating way LOL
I BBQ competitions on the KCBS circuit, for the fun of it, so I'm not a pro, but I do respectably well, no champ.
Anyway, when we want to infuse a smoky flavor to a sauce, we do a couple of simple things.
1. Add some dripping, use an oil separator to get rid of most of the fat, but not all.
2. Add some dripping as above, but also, smoke the sauce for about two hours, stir often.
3. Just plan out, smoke the sauce in a pot with the meat, stir often.
It's simple, just care for it, like you would the meat.
Good luck my friend, you can do it. Oh stay away from that liquid stuff. LOL

I always thought Liquid Smoke was that stuff that dribbles down the outside of a stove pipe that's been put together upside down.

(Don't ask me how I learned that...)

I always thought Liquid Smoke was that stuff that dribbles down the outside of a stove pipe that's been put together upside down.

(Don't ask me how I learned that...)

You know, I burn a lot of Oak and cherry in the wood stove. Every April or May I pull the top of the Chimney and soak it in water and damn I get hungry cleaning that thing!! I told my wife we could make our own Liquid smoke. She told me I was cheap and a quart is only $6 at the country store. ;)

Reactions: SonnyE
You know, I burn a lot of Oak and cherry in the wood stove. Every April or May I pull the top of the Chimney and soak it in water and damn I get hungry cleaning that thing!! I told my wife we could make our own Liquid smoke. She told me I was cheap and a quart is only $6 at the country store. ;)

Ha, Ha, yep I learnt that about every stove needed a short female/female piece of pipe that the stove. And all pipe going up needed the male end down.
That way the condensate would stay inside the pipe until it vaporized and made it all the way outside.
I always liked heating with wood. And a cast iron kettle on the stove for moisture.
Probably part of the reason I'm a broke down old duffer now. :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky