SMF Fantasy Football Updates / New SMF Sports Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Several of you mentioned that it would be nice to have a central area to follow our SMF fantasy leagues, jaw a bit about your victories and just overall discuss sports. Brian graciously created this new forum at my request to accommodate. I know we will all have fun with it while keeping it civil. Several things relative to the upcoming SMF fantasy football season:

1. Cliff stepped down from commissioner of the leagues. I am now commissioner of the SMFFootballleague. As previously requested, I would like teams to confirm they plan on playing by PMing me here. That league list will be posted in a separate post. Chasing down responses to insure people are active so the league is competitive, and fun is usually the most frustrating task when heading up a league. Please help us out there by responding.
  2. I started a new SMF total points-based fantasy football league with board permission. This differs in several ways from the head-to-head format of all the existing leagues. First it is not based on weekly head-to-head victories but rather total points accumulated for the season. The second huge difference is rather than team defenses it incorporates individual defense players. This really adds a whole new aspect to both drafting and managing a team. It is a really fun change of pace league and was my first exposure to fantasy way back when. We need 7 more folks for that league. Please PM me for an invite.
  3. I believe there is at least 1 other head-to-head league that Cliff turned over to someone to run. Could you please post in this forum to identify yourself and the team roster for the league. I believe that JLeonard JLeonard is running this league
I plan on posting a league standings update biweekly for the two leagues I am running in the forum if not weekly with a few comments from the prior week to initiate some jawing 😊 To get that jawing started good luck and enjoy racing to the number two spot behind me in my two leagues haha. First shot taken!!

Last edited:
Yep, I'm the commish over SMF League II. I plan to keep it as it was set by Cliff at least for this season as I am just now dipping my toe into that role. Looking forward to a good season with everyone being active and yep, let the good-natured trash talk begin!

Jim

Reactions: jcam222
IMG_1336.jpeg

This is the roster as of right now.

Jim

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky