Sliders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey gmc2003 gmc2003 your killing me!!!...Everytime you make something it looks incredible and you make me wanting to run to the store for supplies!! Im definitely making the sliders for Opening day of football!
You da man!!

Looks great and way nicer then flipping a bunch of little burgers. We use mini croissants as slider buns often.

Thanks B-one and thanks for the like, I didn't think of the mini croissants. I'll have to look into the mini croissants. Your right flipping a bunch of little burgers is a pain.

Hey gmc2003 gmc2003 your killing me!!!...Everytime you make something it looks incredible and you make me wanting to run to the store for supplies!! Im definitely making the sliders for Opening day of football!
You da man!!

Thank you NU, for now just stay focused on that shoulder and ribs you got going on. Opening day of football is a perfect occasion for these.

Chris

Thanks xray, the bacon to meat to cheese ratio was perfect - the buns not so much. I need to find a thinner bun. Thanks for the like appreciate it.

Thank you Gator, anything under 6 hours I use my kettles, anything over 6 I break out the WSM. Pork loin and the kettle work really well together. Thanks again for the nice words and like.

Chris

What about the Kings Hawaiian rolls? They are pretty small.

Reactions: S-met
What about the Kings Hawaiian rolls? They are pretty small.

I'll keep a lookout for those. These were Sara Lee Hawaiian rolls. I've also thought about doubling the meat to two pounds.

Chris

@BigW thank you for the like

Chris

First had them in ST. Louis at a white castle, and I've been meaning to try to recreate them since.
Like zwiller said above ,
You need to try the dried minced onions .
If you have a Gordon's food service , I like their slider buns . I think they sell as " dinner rolls "

If you have a Gordon's food service , I like their slider buns . I think they sell as " dinner rolls "

Doesn’t White Castle cook their sliders over a bed of minced onions?

Those sliders look great Chris. Making them in one piece like that, and using a bacon weave?? Fantastic idea!!! But they do need onions.
As far as there being too much bun for each slider, well.........just double up on the meat per bun. It always amazes me how wide people can open their mouth when they over-cam the jaw. LOL
POINT
Gary

Yes ,, it's a steam grill . Onions and meat on the upper part , and I guess it has some type of water tray under that with the heat source .
I got it down pretty good , do them in the oven .

No Gordons around here so that's out. As for the onions I did buy an onion and forgot to use it. Along with a knockoff Big Mac sauce I made. Kind of bummed.

My wife has similar opinions. I usually dry rub and smoke, but I'll oblige and make a glaze. If she loves the Q, she encourages the hobby.

Most of the time I will only glaze half of the ribs sort of a her side/his side. This time I was a little to excited that I was flip the slider without breaking it and got carried away. They were still very good with the sauce

Chris

Last edited:

Yes ,, it's a steam grill . Onions and meat on the upper part , and I guess it has some type of water tray under that with the heat source .
I got it down pretty good , do them in the oven .

Now that's interesting. I'm pretty sure my wife has a steamer pan in storage that could accomplish this. However if she'll let me use it on the kettle is another story.

Chris

Those sliders look great Chris. Making them in one piece like that, and using a bacon weave?? Fantastic idea!!! But they do need onions.
As far as there being too much bun for each slider, well.........just double up on the meat per bun. It always amazes me how wide people can open their mouth when they over-cam the jaw. LOL
POINT
Gary

Thank you Gary, A double-bacon-cheeseburger slider with onions. That would probably be the ideal game day burger. I know the dentist always expects me to open my mouth wider then I thought humanly possible - so the same principle should work with food. :emoji_sunglasses:. Also thanks for the like appreciate it.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky