Sliders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
I originally wanted to try Bears deer burgers this weekend, but the wife took out the wrong package of meat. So now I had a 1.25 pounds of thawed hamburger instead of deer meat. Oh well I'll do the deer burgers on my next weekend off in two weeks.

I was also looking for another party food with all the end of the summer parties coming up, and I thought - how about sliders!!! So with the beautiful week-end we're having I decided to give it a go on the Kettle.

First I had to get the brothers fired up. The bigger brother was used for the sliders. The little brother was used for the wifes dinner and my work lunches.

DSC01057.JPG

Then I rolled out the hamburger like I would a fattie, and made a bacon weave also. I was jipped out of two slices of bacon - bummer. Bacon goes on the kettle first.

DSC01056.JPG

Then add the hamburger after I flipped the bacon:
DSC01059.JPG

Distance shot:
DSC01060.JPG

Flip the burger:
DSC01062.JPG

Add some American cheese:

DSC01064.JPG

Top with the bacon:
DSC01066.JPG

...and let her cruise away:

DSC01067.JPG

Slice into squares with my pizza wheel and put onto small dinner rolls.

DSC01069.JPG

That's all of it. They were good and I'll be making these for our next party.

Here are the links to how I roll the meat out for a fattie and the bacon weave.
Fattie:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/fatties-part-one-how-i-make-them.275822/

Bacon Weave:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/fatties-part-two-the-bacon-weave.275824/

Just in case your were wondering what was in the little brother:

One St. Louis style and one baby back rib. I finally found a baby back without a huge chunk of loin meat on top.

DSC01055.JPG

Ribs glazed and chugging along:
DSC01058.JPG

pulled off the smoker after about 6 hrs. The wife likes her ribs with BBQ sauce, and I wasn't about to argue.

DSC01061.JPG

Chris

Supper cool "Deconstructed Fattie" Did you use a pizza peel to get it off the grill?

The wife likes her ribs with BBQ sauce, and I wasn't about to argue.
Of course EVERYONE loves ribs. We'll take them how they're served. Never make em yet.
Serious LIKE Chris
Don

Chris, pretty cool app idea! That is one to practice many times over!

Awesome looking meal there Chris!
I've been seeing more BB's without that big chunk of loin meat on them lately too. Maybe the producers were getting some complaints!
I just bought 5 racks a couple of weeks ago on sale for $2.99.
Al

Hell yeah Chris that all looks great! I hope some cold PBR's were devoured during the process. Those sliders look awesome. How in the hell did you flip that chunk of meat on the grill without it falling apart?

John

All looks good! You are the bacon weave master!

Thanks Justin for the like and kind words appreciate them. I was bummed that the package didn't have enough strips of bacon, but it worked out in the end.

Some nice kettle smoking...thanks for sharing!
Point

Thanks hardcookin, appreciate the like and kind words.

Chris

Supper cool "Deconstructed Fattie" Did you use a pizza peel to get it off the grill?

Of course EVERYONE loves ribs. We'll take them how they're served. Never make em yet.
Serious LIKE Chris
Don

No pizza peel, I have a spatula that's about the size of a rolled fatty. It worked perfectly. My wife loves BBQ sauce on her ribs so I had to oblige. Thanks drdon for the like and compliment.

Chris, pretty cool app idea! That is one to practice many times over!

Thank you civil, and for the like. I'm going to be practicing it again on Labor Day. However I'll need to find a different roll. These were just a little to thick for the size of the slider.

Chris

I like the slider setup . Nice work .

Thanks you Chop, just looking for something different to do on the kettle.

Awesome looking meal there Chris!
I've been seeing more BB's without that big chunk of loin meat on them lately too. Maybe the producers were getting some complaints!
I just bought 5 racks a couple of weeks ago on sale for $2.99.
Al

Thanks Al this was found in a small Mom-n-Pop type market. I didn't expect to see it there.

Thanks for the likes also guys.

Chris

Sorry guys it took so long to respond. Work has been crazy.

Hell yeah Chris that all looks great! I hope some cold PBR's were devoured during the process. Those sliders look awesome. How in the hell did you flip that chunk of meat on the grill without it falling apart?

John

Thanks John, Oh yeah the PBR's flowed like a cold running stream. The burger was flipped with a spatula. It's about the size of a rolled fatty. No issues flipping. The bacon weave was placed in the freezer for a half hour to an hour. Then slide on the grates. It held it's shape and didn't come apart.

Chris they look great to me I like the idea for the sliders.Points
Richie

Thank you Richie, I like sliders also. First had them in ST. Louis at a white castle, and I've been meaning to try to recreate them since.

Chris

Hey Chris those sliders look awesome! I love that the amount of the bacon covers the entire burger and bun....could never have enough bacon.

Like!

Good looking meal all around, Chris. Like! I just used my 22" Weber the other night, as a smoker, for the first time. I did a small pork loin on it as I didn't feel like getting the MES 30 out. It turned out very good. I don't think it will be my last time using it for a smoker

Hey Chris those sliders look awesome! I love that the amount of the bacon covers the entire burger and bun....could never have enough bacon.

Like!

Thanks xray, the bacon to meat to cheese ratio was perfect - the buns not so much. I need to find a thinner bun. Thanks for the like appreciate it.

Good looking meal all around, Chris. Like! I just used my 22" Weber the other night, as a smoker, for the first time. I did a small pork loin on it as I didn't feel like getting the MES 30 out. It turned out very good. I don't think it will be my last time using it for a smoker

Thank you Gator, anything under 6 hours I use my kettles, anything over 6 I break out the WSM. Pork loin and the kettle work really well together. Thanks again for the nice words and like.

Chris

That All Looks Powerfully Tasty!!
Especially those Sammies!!
Nice Job Chris!!
Like.

Bear

LIKE. Not sure if you have one but GFS sliced buns are are our go to for sliders. I think it is illegal in Ohio to serve a slider that does not have minced onion on it. :emoji_laughing:

That All Looks Powerfully Tasty!!
Especially those Sammies!!
Nice Job Chris!!
Like.

Bear

The perfect two bite sammie, easy to make and a small amount of burger goes a long way. Thank you Bear for the like and nice words.

LIKE. Not sure if you have one but GFS sliced buns are are our go to for sliders. I think it is illegal in Ohio to serve a slider that does not have minced onion on it. :emoji_laughing:

Yeah I knew about the onion, and I thought I had one in the fridge. I also made an imitation Big Mac sauce that I forgot to use. We don't have a GFS around here so I was thinking maybe one of the Pillsbury rolls next time. I can bake them right on the kettle while the slider is cooking. Thanks for the like and suggestions appreciate them.

Chris

Looks great and way nicer then flipping a bunch of little burgers. We use mini croissants as slider buns often.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky