Slicin and packin the day away.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pignit

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Just droppin pics of what I'm doin today. I have so many leftovers from last week and Easter. Sliced up what was left of the Canadian Bacon and the Pastrami and slammed it to the freezer. Love the slicer.... love the vacuum packer.

Red likes her strami sliced thin. This batch had a lot more fat in the middle than the last batch. Part of my problem.... I like the fat. Sliced some of the Canadian Bacon a little over an 1/8th inch and chipped a bunch of it.

2952_1087890791269_1046423994_30226022_7032571_n.jpg

The vacuum packing is a must for me. I cook so much stuff up and non of it goes to waste. I love having a package of a good smoke that I can give to someone that's stopped by to visit.

2952_1087890831270_1046423994_30226023_2761035_n.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

I need a sealer also. Been using the cheapo but a nice one would be phat

AKA Azrocker

Great job on everything from the looks of it! Pastrami...What to say about pastrami? Delicious, incredible, almost orgasmic? Can't put into words how much I love a good pastrami, and since I have recently learned to make my own (with help from some of your posts of course) I don't even think about going near anything store bought.
So you love to give a pack of some smoked goodness? Well, mind if I stop on by?
Have fun.
Oh, meant to ask what kind of slicer you have? I really want to get one because I can't cut nearly as thin as they can.

Real nice packaging job, PignIt. Vacuum sealers are definitely the way to go!

Your slicer does a great job makin that pastrami and canadian bacons professionally done. It all looks tasty, and I'm leaning towards the ones with a bit of fat on them. Fat is flavor. By the way, nice chrome in the background.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Beautiful meats, PignIt! Both Pastrami and Corned Beef loom on the horizon for me to try. Vag-sealing is a must as we will ration it, as it isn't the most healthy thing!

I found a stainless steel table on craigslist and in the process of buying it the guy asked if I needed any other equipment. I told him I'd been looking at slicers. He offered me a Berkel that was barely used for $200. Needless to say... it's sitting in my garage kitchen and one of my favorite deals.

slicer.jpg

Nice slicer! Hell of a deal on that thing!
Have you cut yourself while cleaning it yet?
Not to wish you ill-will, just speaking from experience in restaurants I don't know anyone who hasn't sliced themselves a few times on a slicer.

Beautiful though, wonder what that beauty goes for brand new from a company? Hell, I could send you my pastrami and you could slice it for me -minus a 50% slicers labor fee for you and Red of course...

Knock on wood...... not sliced any fingers off yet. I was a wood carver for 15 years and have had enough time around sharp things to have gained an enormous respect. You really have to watch what your doin with this thing. It can take a finger off in a split second. I looked the price up before I bought it and it would cost close to $600 new with tax and shipping.

Wow! Well, $600 sounds about right considering how perty that thing is.
Glad you have never had the misfortune of a good slice...I've never lost much, but we used to clean them with the blade running, it was easier to push a wet rag against the spinning blade to clean it...not smart, but efficient.
Guess for the time being I will just invest in a cheaper slicer, unless I could find a great deal like that. I'm off to check Craigslist.

this gives us craigslist hunters hope, nice score on the slicer, I like the laid out approach to the packaging, it looks great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky