Slicer recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lowcountrygamecock

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
I'm looking for a very reasonably priced light duty meat slicer. Anybody have any recommendation? I will only be using it sparingly but want something that will last.
Thanks

I have one that is basically the exact same as the LEM. I bought it at Menards on clearance + $10 rebate for a total cost of $19.99 + tax. It works great for what it is. My only gripe with it is that the thickness setting will "creep" to a larger thickness so you have to keep an eye on it. Its really annoying, but I've only used it a few times and wasn't worried about it enough to mess with trying to fix the problem.

Cleaning it is a real PITA. meat and grease gets in behind the blade and into the gears and its hard to clean out. I haven't found a good solution to this yet.

It does a decent job of slicing meat though. I would like to have a more expensive slicer in the future, but there are a lot of other priorities on the list before that.

Keep an eye out for one on your local Craigslist. I found mine for $100 bucks, it's a mid 50's Berkel commercial deli slicer. Runs like a champ and slices anything I throw at it. Well, he was asking $100 or trade for something so I gave him a spare 19" LCD monitor I had.
icon_smile.gif

On average I see them going for a few hundred, but sometimes you can get a good deal.

I've got a Waring Pro FS800 coming, slightly used from ebay. $66, list is about $300. They are hard to find on ebay, but the FS150 is freq. on there can be had for around $49. This will replace (supplement) an old Oster plastic KeenKut.

Ron, this is the same one I've been looking at. We know someone that has one and I've read a whole bunch of reviews on it. Sounds like just the ticket for me.

I was looking at it on QVC. They have the same price, but I don't think it comes with the extra blade from them, would have to buy it separately, which would make the one at HSN a better deal.

Thanks for the link.

Yes the extra blade is 25 dollars, a much better deal at hsn.com.

just bought one from harbor frieght 17.00$ with coupon and i use them quite ofton the first on lived for over 6 years the 2nd is on 1year+ and still going this one is going on shelf till needed!!

I am on my second one like yours Ron and its almost dead!! it works good for meat but slicing a roll of provolone almost stops the blade, my first one had a way stronger motor that never seemed to bog down, just the plastic screw that holds the blade on was messing up so i returned it and this one has sucked since day one, my first slice into cheese fried the fuse immediately so after the second fuse blew for no damn reason i put tin foil over it and putt it back in and it worked better lol i figured i paid the extended warranty i was gonna slice untill the motor fries, not sure if i want to try another one?
Bought mine from samsclub.com and they have the extra blade too and a better price than qvc

A Buck Knife with a honed edge will last you a lifetime my friend .

Yes I realize you most likely are looking for something that plugs in but i could not resist .

I would also like to get some member feedback on this subject.
I learned a lot on this board about Cryovac type units and purchased a Foodsaver last weekend. OMG family loves it.
My next purchase is a slicer so I can smoke a buttload of meat for the family's lunches. Please chime in!!
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky