Bluetooth temp probes/monitors?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clubmanager

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 19, 2020
Any real-world reports/recommendations? Looking for something wireless that displays on my phone if possible.
Of course there’s a bunch on Amazon but reviews there are always dodgy.

There are a number of bluetooth (BT) options. They work but be aware that their range is limited. There are new ones claiming longer range via the newer BT version but most cell phones are still on earlier BT versions therefore the range is still limited. Better solution is wifi both for range and you can keep tabs on things when running errands as well. Personally, I use the Signals unit from thermoworks.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Inkbird Inkbird is a sponsor on here. They have pretty good products. Ive been using the 4 probe for several years now without a hitch. Recently got their wireless probe and am really liking it.

jim

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thanks. After some reading, I’ll narrow things down to Inkbird, Thermopro and Thermoworks….i have one of their instant-read handhelds and it’s fantastic.

Reactions: JLeonard
This is hands down better than the Ink bird BT I have. Much better range.

Battery life is incredible.

Any real-world reports/recommendations? Looking for something wireless that displays on my phone if possible.
Of course there’s a bunch on Amazon but reviews there are always dodgy.
Hello From SE Florida.
I bought the new Inkbird wireless exclusively to use on rib roasts and anything on the rotisserie.
As far as B/T goes it seems to work well on the patio. Personally I'll dispute the accuracy of the ambient temp part of the probe. In my tests the internal temps were very close to my proven wired thermometers, but I Always have a grid level probe because I'm weird that way.
I love my inkbird I-BBQ4T (4 probe wired) as it is accurate and has Wi-fi, meaning once set up you can check temps anywhere you have internet on your phone/tablet. (like the grocery store or corner pub).

Shoutout for the Fireboard…and my Smokin Brothers smoker. Both were spot-on together for the Pork Crown Roast I did yesterday and the brisket today.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky