sizes of whole splayed pigs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Thanks for the video I am going to watch that, I would like to do a hole pig also by all I have to cook it on is my Rec Tec, 20 x 36 is the grate size, never thought of trying to get only half of one.
It will take a little more hunting for a supplier but I have seen everything from 10Lb Suckling Pigs that fit in a Lasagna Pan and 20" deep Kitchen Oven up too Hogzillas that were crammed into a 72" Cooker. I would venture a guess a 30-50 pound dressed Teenager would fit the Rec Tec. If you need to feed more people, you can always get a little Porker, 15-20 Lbs, for the visual effect and slap a couple of Butts on the day before or with it, if they will fit...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky