Short wide reverse build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Binchotan

Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Alright. here I go for my first build. Pardon me for the poor illustration below.. New to sketchup.

Due to limited space on patio, it will be a 31" diameter, 39" length CC with 4 layers of racks with vertical spacing of 3.5".
My intention for 4 racks is to maximise the capacity of the CC for ribs and should I need more space for larger cuts, just remove the extra racks. Each St Louis slab occupies about 100 sq in. My total cooking area is just over 4000, or a 40 slab capacity.

The other parts of the build will be sized from the great daveomak's formulas.

Do you think the dimensions of the cooking chamber/racks work or am I way off?

offset smoker.jpg

Is that 3.5 inches between racks? If so, that is some small spacing for a pork shoulder. Would work great for ribs.

Looks like you got that in mind already....

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky