Sausage four pack!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great Case, I sure need to make more brats & hot links... Those are both awesome recipes !
Just when I think I've seen it all, Pepperoni Tamales! Absolutely too cool! :points:
I, too, would like to see the pepperoni recipe. Those hot links don't look overdone at all to me.
First rate project and post, Case!

Dan

Thank you! I can say the hot links are hot!

Case, they do have a kick.... They go great with a cold one though ! :cheers:

DS2003, Awesome job, congrats to you and your son. As others have said the corn husk casing is incredible ! 
points.gif

Looks great Case, I sure need to make more brats & hot links... Those are both awesome recipes !
Case, they do have a kick.... They go great with a cold one though ! :cheers:

Thanks Justin! I like to fire up a pot of beer, onions, and sauerkraut. Throw the hot like Nis in there for a bit. Good mustard and a cold beer, oh yeah! I may pickle some of this batch too. That's always tasty!

DS2003, Awesome job, congrats to you and your son. As others have said the corn husk casing is incredible ! :points:

Thank you Crazymoon!

The corn husks are fun and I do them to share with my hunting buddies. They work great since the husk is biodegradable. Don't have to worry about packing it out!

How have i missed this thread????????

I am here now thou. :biggrin:

Just pulled the Taylor's Ham. Smells awesome. Gonna hang it in the walk in to bloom. Check it out tomorrow.

Here's the Taylor Ham. This stuff is awesome. Had a bit of an issue with the Muslin casing. Didn't come off easy.

8a5bd156e9c68e8200a295edea956141.jpg

6076a56216647cccfc1a1997ff5544fb.jpg

00986532ed30980a177e051c25396476.jpg

Smoke away!!!

As promised here's the recipes. First up Corn Husk Pepperoni

5 #’s pork butt
1 large onion

6 large jalapenos, seeds and ribs included
4 tsp crushed red pepper
4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
4 tsp fennel seed
1 Tbl sweet paprika
2 Tbl smoked paprika
3 tsp pickling salt
2 Tbl garlic powder
1 Tbl onion powder
1 Tbl cayenne
1 Tbl coriander
2 Tbl Franks Red Hot Sauce
1 tsp pink salt

Smoke away!!!

Reactions: hoity toit
BDSkelly's brats

* 10 pounds pork shoulder (deboned weight), cut into 1-inch cubes and
stored in the freezer for 30 minutes
* 6 tablespoons kosher salt
* 2 tablespoon sugar
* 3 teaspoons grated nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon coriander
* 1 teaspoon celery seed
* 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons ground white pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
* 3 teaspoons dried ginger
* 2 teaspoons paprika
* 1 cup of dry evaporated milk powder
* 2 egg whites
* 1 ½ cup ice water.

Smoke away!!!

Cougar78's Taylor Ham
Pork roll

Here's what I used to make this. DO adjust the ECA to your tastes.
WE like a lot of TANG so used the max amount shown.

Kevin

PORK ROLL (TAYLORS HAM)

Pork Butt/Picnic......7lbs/3175g
Hickory-smoked Bacon.........3lbs/1361g
Kosher Salt....34g
Dextrose.......18g
Cure#1.........10.5g*
White Pepper...11g
Port...................2 TBL
Encapsulated Citric Acid (ECA)......17g—34g**
*Less needed due to cure present in bacon
** Level of tang; adjust to taste.

Smoke away!!!

Chef Willie's hot links

5 pounds pork butt
12 oz of good beer
2 T black pepper
2 T crushed red pepper
2 T cayenne
2 T papricka
3 T kosher salt
2 T mustard seeds
1/4 cup diced garlic
1 tsp cure #1
1 cup dry'd powdered milk

Smoke away!!!

Who woulda thunk it, corn husks for casings, I love it, great idea....gotta give it a try.. Do yah do anything special with them. .?

You need to soak them In warm water for 30 minutes or more prior to using them to make them pliable enough to use. Other than that nothing else.

Hi Case great looking Sausage!

I have the same grinder, but under a differant brand name, here in the UK. They do a great job.

Like the idea of the Cutting Board, with the measurements on for linking Sausage, will steal that idea!

Hi Case great looking Sausage!

I have the same grinder, but under a differant brand name, here in the UK. They do a great job.

Like the idea of the Cutting Board, with the measurements on for linking Sausage, will steal that idea!
Yep, I couldn't keep up with the cutting of the meat! Makes a quick deal ought of 20# Way better than the hour plus long it would take with the KitchenAid attachment on the mixer.

The marks work great for sizing up all kinds of things. I think that cutting boards should come stock that way!

I have to wonder if the reason the Taylor ham had an issue releasing from the muslin was due to the course grind and then the hand chop I did on the bacon ends.
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky