Sausage eggrolls with "Black Rice" via Air Fryer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mrs. Wurtz and I were talking about dinner out today and decided on Asian. Well, looking at the menus (prices) from our regular haunts, decided, NO WAY! Quick inventory showed we had 2 packages of egg roll wrappers, ~1# frozen Italian Sausage we made 2 weeks ago, plenty of rice and stock, etc. So, we made our version of Air Fried Asian Eggrolls with "Black" Rice. To conserve thread space, I've attached a copy of the basic recipe in Excel (xls) format. The rice was a pressure cooked white rice, toasted in olive oil, seasoned and pressure cooked in beef stock for ~10 mins with natural release. Now I get to make more Italian Sausage this week! Woo Hoo! 🍻 OLD AGE ADDITION/CORRECTION/OMISSION: Forgot the dipping sauce - Curry Wurst ketchup and Schaschlik. 🤦‍♂️

Eggroll Mixture.jpg
The finalized mixture of Sausage, Onion, Cheeses, Ketchup, Mustard in the wrapper.

Awaiting Frying.jpg
Batch 1 - Fried 5 of these egg rolls @400F. Repeated for Batch 2

Batch of 8.jpg Completed batches waiting to plate.

Dinner with rice.jpg
Finally - dinner. Trust me, 2 were more than enough to eat!

Attachments

• Italian Sausage Egg Roll Recipe Worksheet .xls
    56 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Heck yes to them! Gonna have to show this to my wife! Love the idea of doing them in air fryer!

Ryan

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Heck yes to them! Gonna have to show this to my wife! Love the idea of doing them in air fryer!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. Appreciate the complement and the like. Let us (me) know how this turns out with the wife. (you know - pictures, etc!) I think next time I'll use a kielbasa or weisswurst for my mixture.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky