Sauces - North & South

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin pop-pop

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Allentown Pa.
Hi all, so we are having a surprise birthday party for my son-in-law on Saturday and
my daughter asked me if I would make my pulled pork ( from Jeff's book of course ).
We are having about 30-40 people so I figure 3 - 8 to 10 pound butts should be plenty,
if I can find 3 that big. I want to do a sauce with 2 different flavors and I know there
are always conversations ( arguments really ) about who makes it better north or south
when it comes to BBQ. Is it the same for table sauce and if so can I get a favorite recipe
from you fine folks for both. Thanks in advance , Joe

I’ll tell you what, I recently found the Carolina mustard bbq sauce. I’ve been a sweet and heat guy my whole life but they nailed it in South Carolina with that sauce. That stuff goes great on pork.

Reactions: motocrash
Do a search on here for Chef Jimmy J's sauce recipes. Everyone I had made has been fantastic. The Honey Dijon is exceptionally good on everything. Sweet but not too sweet still has a kick on the back end

I’ll tell you what, I recently found the Carolina mustard bbq sauce. I’ve been a sweet and heat guy my whole life but they nailed it in South Carolina with that sauce. That stuff goes great on pork.

Willing to share the recipe? I tried a few online and not totally happy with the results.

I am of the opinion that good PP does not need sauce but you have to inject to pull that off. Doing 50lbs of PP for daughter's grad party and gonna have Jeff's sauce and Chef JJ's finishing sauce there. Maybe a gold one too if I find one I like.

Willing to share the recipe? I tried a few online and not totally happy with the results.

I am of the opinion that good PP does not need sauce but you have to inject to pull that off. Doing 50lbs of PP for daughter's grad party and gonna have Jeff's sauce and Chef JJ's finishing sauce there. Maybe a gold one too if I find one I like.

This is my go to mustard sauce. I tweaked a few things here and there but it has great flavor with a nice kick to it. Plus there is beer in it. I mean what is not good that has beer in it?

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/19615/best-carolina-bbq-meat-sauce/

Reactions: zwiller

I've made this several times for steak and it is an amazingly rich sauce. I have not used it on pulled pork but I can tell you this would be great with it. The deeper flavor of pork will just be enhanced by this super rich sauce. In fact, I may just have to do this the next time I do pulled pork or drizzle on slices of pork loin. I will thumbs up this one as I've suggested it a couple of times already in different threads on this forum.

George

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky