Saturday Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cronocide

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 16, 2016
Pennsylvania
This is my first brisket on this smoker. 14lb. brisket from Sams Club priced at 3.48/lb. Cost me around 46 dollars. Trimmed it up when we got home, injected some beef broth into the brisket. Rubbed with some BBQ rub first and then rubbed with montreal steak seasoning. Went on the smoker about 45mins ago at 250*. Going to be a long night.

brisket.jpg

Brisket stalled at 150*. I let it go for about 1.5 hours and no increase so I pulled and wrapped and it is now back on.

brisket wrapped at 150.jpg

Coming along nicely. Now the wail.
Gary

Suprisingly this brisket is finished lol. I was expecting way longer for it's 14lb size. Only 9 hours to get to 207* and probe tender. It is now in a cooler draped in a towel to rest for an hour or two. Then I'm going to separate the point and cube it for burnt ends and fire the smoker back up.

Looks good, I just pulled one off my smoker yesterday.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky