Sam's Club changing return policy on electronics.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davenh

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 16, 2008
Hudson, NH.
I just bought an LED HDTV at Sam's Club tonight and never realized that Sam's had basically a lifetime return policy, no questions asked. As of Nov 1st this is changing to 90 days on electronic purchases. Purchases made prior to Nov 1st are grandfathered under the old return policy. Just made it under the wire.

http://pressroom.samsclub.com/News/9409.aspx

I never knew this return policy existed. As long as you save your receipt, there is a lifetime 100% guarantee. If you don't have the receipt they can look up your purchase and give a store credit. They can only look up two years back purchases from what I've been reading.

So you Masterbuilt guys that are having problems with heaters, grab your receipt and go get a new one! Or if your thinking of buying one, do it before November 1st. Or maybe smokers are not considered electronic items.

I always get a 3 year extended warantee for 39 dollars for the smoker and my computers. Most extended warrantees are crap, but not Sams.

I was thinking why buy the warranty if you can return the unit any time, no questions asked? Trying to figure out what the benefit is to getting it.

Just not looking like a freeloader. And another option. I spilled tea on my laptop and they gave me a new one with a credit toward an externenal hard drive ETC.

I think Sam's is a great place to buy things. I get treated like royalyty there.

He's Royalty Here PignIt... Now stop sucking up...LOL

I wouldn't have a problem returning some that breaks within their return period, which in this case is anytime. All the guys out here with the Sam's Masterbuilt units struggling with the heater and controller problems should be aware they can get a free replacement or their money back anytime without the extended warranty. Their warranty is 100% satisfaction, anytime. Thought some of the others might not be aware of this policy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky