Saltwater and Electric Smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alligatorob

Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Alligator Point
I am looking for an electric smoker that will hold up at a beach house. I tried a Bradley a couple of years ago and really liked the way it smoked things, but the electrical only lasted 6 months before giving out. I assume due to the salt spray. We are used to things rusting faster here, but most stuff lasts several years, not just a few months. I know Bradley makes a stainless steel smoker, but that is just the shell, the electrical is the same as in their regular smoker. I guess that way you will have a really nice clean smoke that doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t work instead of an ugly rusty one that doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t work.

Anyone with experience in a highly corrosive environment with advice?

Put a cover on it!!
cool.gif

Any way of storing it inside out of the elements. I store mine in the garage when not using it. And like bubba said using a cover would help alot. With electrical you have to be concerned with the wiring and controls. Even if you made a small box to keep it in, like those deck storage lockers that I think rubbermaid makes. Hope these ideas halp you out.

Kookie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky