Salmon recipe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Anyone got a good rub/marinade they will share?

I usually hot smoke my salmon filets. This is a sweeter marinade but we love it. Measurements are eyeballed.

Loads of brown sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
Fresh diced dill
Soy sauce

I like to add the lemon juice to the brown sugar first and mix and then the soy so it doesnt get too runny. Your looking for a thicker slurry since it will become a little more runny as it rests. Add rest of the ingredients. Paint it on and place some sliced rounds of lemon on top.

I smoke it at about 300 for 45 min or so on cedar planks that have been soaking for a half hour or so till it has carmalized and becomes perfectly flakey.

We always whip up a sour cream and Lowry’s garlic salt mixture and spread it on a baguette that was cut into rounds and toasted with olive oil. Top the baguette with the sauce and the flaked off salmon. Delish!

Jason

Reactions: banderson7474
Here ate some photos taken during our family cook off earlier this summer. Seafood theme. I took the gold lol! Now I have to host next years...

38033308-0EFA-4E66-BA13-D09325744F4F.jpeg
A522A165-4F7B-48B1-A797-33768036007C.jpeg
CC742DC5-AC83-44B6-9FC0-AFD918656CC9.jpeg

Reactions: banderson7474
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky