SALAMI and BOLOGNA TIME IN EAST TEXAS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks good, points.   Is the milk necessary in these recipes?  I'd like to try them, but my son is allergic to milk.  What do you think the outcome would be without the milk?  Could something be substituted?

I don't know ?  Ask CrankyBuzzard or Boykjo   they are the experts.

Gary

Looks good, points.   Is the milk necessary in these recipes?  I'd like to try them, but my son is allergic to milk.  What do you think the outcome would be without the milk?  Could something be substituted?
Soy Protein Concentrate (SPC) does the same thing that the Non Fat Dry Milk does. I don't know anything about allergies, though, so don't take my word about it as far as your son.
Dan

Thanks Guys and for the points. Sorry I wasn't any help on the Food Allergies  We are fortunate enough not to have any.

Gary

Soy Protein Concentrate (SPC) does the same thing that the Non Fat Dry Milk does. I don't know anything about allergies, though, so don't take my word about it as far as your son.
Dan
Thanks.  What does that do for the recipe?  could I just leave it out?   Soy should be good for him. 

Thanks Guys and for the points. Sorry I wasn't any help on the Food Allergies  We are fortunate enough not to have any.

Gary
No problem. 

Thanks.  What does that do for the recipe?  could I just leave it out?   Soy should be good for him. 
No problem. 
They act as sort of a "binder"for the meat and fat. I also think it keeps the sausage from shrinking in the casing so much while warm smoking, but maybe that's just me.
That being said, I don't use it for fresh sausage as in Hot Italian...
Dan

Gary sorry for being late I see this was right around the new year.

So I am here now and that looks great Point worthy

Richie

Wow, not sure how I missed this ! Very nice thread & step by step Gary ! That's a homerun smoke for sure, awesome job my friend ! Thumbs Up

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky