Sable cold smoke smoke generator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slavikborisov

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2021
Pennsylvania
Anybody own the sable cold
Smoke generator? It’s like the Bella but a bit bigger… i ordered one as the Bella has good reviews and the sable seemed to make more sense for my application.

Anybody own the sable cold
Smoke generator? It’s like the Bella but a bit bigger… i ordered one as the Bella has good reviews and the sable seemed to make more sense for my application.
Yeah, I bought the Bella then found out they had the Sable during shipping was wishing I had known and bought the bigger one. But got the Bella and honestly in my 3x3x7’ smokehouse it is plenty for smoke. I’m happy and not wanting more, so there is that.

Yeah, I bought the Bella then found out they had the Sable during shipping was wishing I had known and bought the bigger one. But got the Bella and honestly in my 3x3x7’ smokehouse it is plenty for smoke. I’m happy and not wanting more, so there is that.
Good to hear i just made pellet "dust" and put it in this https://www.amazon.com/Realcook-Generator-Smoking-Smoker-Perfect/dp/B077TG37C6?th=1....... (the 13" ring)

and it worked good but in 8 hours it barley burned the outer ring i got up in the morning and the outer ring was burned so it lasted for a while prolly could've put out this smoke for 24 hours but my trout i had hanging after 8 hours barley smelled like it had smoke on it so i looked into an easier option seem liked the sable eliminates the hassle of wetting the pellets/drying in oven, then not being able to control smoke output.

Good to hear i just made pellet "dust" and put it in this https://www.amazon.com/Realcook-Generator-Smoking-Smoker-Perfect/dp/B077TG37C6?th=1....... (the 13" ring)

and it worked good but in 8 hours it barley burned the outer ring i got up in the morning and the outer ring was burned so it lasted for a while prolly could've put out this smoke for 24 hours but my trout i had hanging after 8 hours barley smelled like it had smoke on it so i looked into an easier option seem liked the sable eliminates the hassle of wetting the pellets/drying in oven, then not being able to control smoke output.
That’s one heck of a maze smoker. They tray style won’t stay lit here at my elevation, bummer.

As a side note on the Bella style generator, as the pellets/chips burn they release moisture that goes straight up the square hopper and will cause the upper pellets to swell and bridge so I use a small steel rod and just lightly tamp the hopper from time to time. Not a huge deal but it does need to be maintained during the smoke especially long sessions. Also it needs cleaned of creosote about after every smoke, both the air nipple and the 3/4” pipe that goes into the smokehouse. The unit comes with a cleaning kit.

Reactions: slavikborisov
okay good to know thank you ! yes i did read that im assuming this was their answer to it ?

1700145545622.png

okay good to know thank you ! yes i did read that im assuming this was their answer to it ?

View attachment 681076
Lol, I suppose so but problem is these burn pretty much like a gravity feed charcoal smoker in that the top of the chute needs to be sealed otherwise the fire burns up into the fuel or at least that’s what it did to me, plus that little vent gets all sticky with tar so I just leave it closed. It’s all far from perfect but it produces good smoke and is adjustable in smoke volume all in all I’m happy enough with it.

Reactions: slavikborisov
Lol, I suppose so but problem is these burn pretty much like a gravity feed charcoal smoker in that the top of the chute needs to be sealed otherwise the fire burns up into the fuel or at least that’s what it did to me, plus that little vent gets all sticky with tar so I just leave it closed. It’s all far from perfect but it produces good smoke and is adjustable in smoke volume all in all I’m happy enough with it.
i got ya! thanks for the heads up!

...pellets to swell and bridge so I use a small steel rod and just lightly tamp the hopper...
Yeah, unfortunately these things don't tend to be set and forget. A dead blow hammer can help too. I've wondered if strapping on a motor with a an eccentric weight on the shaft (like a massager) wouldn't help the situation.
needs cleaned of creosote about after every smoke, both the air nipple and the 3/4” pipe that goes into the smokehouse. The unit comes with a cleaning kit.
I've found identifying the appropriate jobber twist drills for the affected apertures and using them after each use makes cleaning go a bit quicker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky