Rubbing a few sticks together

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Torc

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 15, 2021
Cincinnati
Saw this come up on my FB Marketplace for a while and will be picking up some tomorrow.
Screenshot_20210601-171738.png

I'm not sure what to think of these. They kinda remind me of pencil blanks. Let us know how they work

Chris

Hmmm. I’m not sure. If it’s not broke I’m not gonna try to fix it. I’d stick with chunks, chips or wood splits.

Good price, too bad it's kiln dried, still way better than no hickory at all.

You need a little bit of moisture in the wood for a better smoke flavor in the meat. Mad BBQ Scientist on you tube had a video about it. don't remember any of the details other than that.

Reactions: Torc
You need a little bit of moisture in the wood for a better smoke flavor in the meat. Mad BBQ Scientist on you tube had a video about it. don't remember any of the details other than that.
Thank you for the reference, learned quite a bit from the episode.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky