Rotisserie Mod for MES 30/40 with Diagram

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

netbbq

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Northeast TN
I've been thinking about a mod for a MES 30/40 that would involve a standard rotisserie.  Seems simple enough.  Drill holes on either side ensuring that they are effectively level or can be made level with leg adjustments, etc.  Install some sort of threaded insert that could be RTV'd on either side and tightened down for an appropriate seal.  The hole would be large enough for that and then the interior of the insert wide enough to handle the spindle of the rotisserie.  

Insert the spindle of the rotisserie through the exterior hole into the interior and then slide on the "holders" then slide the spindle through the opposite side.  

With the MES 30 the insulated sides and the small holes with the spindle should not have a significant impact on the temperature control (no more than wood chip loader).   

I don't have the cajones to do this on my new MES, but curious whether someone else has tried something like this.  Sounds like a match made in heaven.  Could be used for turkey, chicken, large pork loin, etc.

Very rough diagram below....what do you think????  Note the AMZNPS in the lower left!

I like the Idea of it. What I like even better is you being the Guini Pig and doing it first
wink.gif

I can draw a good picture...not so good on technical execution part. One added bonus...spindle for hanging sausage

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky