Rookie in Washington

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timbre

Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Hello all.

I'm up in Arlington, WA

Been smoking stuff for about 3 years now. Mainly stuck with ribs and turkeys. Running a Brinkman Pitmaster

Hopefully this winter I can get myself in gear and upgrade and build a new much larger smoker.

Looks like a lot of good information on here.

Talk to y'all soon.

timbre

Welcome to SMF, glad you joined us..There is lots of good info and folks here..3 yrs under your belt eh...we like Q-View, looking forward to some of yours. Enjoy

Timbre welcome to SMF you'll not only find good info but you'll also find some great recipes too. Have fun and happy smoking

After reading just a few posts I realize how little I know and how much better I can make my smoked items.

I hate to start asking stupid questions..... but... can anyone point me to a link for how tuning plates work and how to use them in conjunction with a water tray???

thanks

Welcome to the ADDICTION
biggrin.gif

Their are several Washingtonians here
wink.gif

Timbre, welcome to the SMF. Looks like you've been bit by TBS, it's all good.

I don't know where to ask it so I'll put it here.

What fruit woods are good for smoking? Is cherry?

thanks

Cherry and apple are great and easy to obtain in WA. Rule of thumb is if it bares fruit it will be safe to smoke with. So plum, crab apple and wild cherry would be other choices of wood in the PNW.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky