Ribs today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jake0531

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 10, 2017
Mulvane, KS
image.jpg
03B82F8C-CEC1-4E06-89BA-BE3A779726E1.jpeg
Going to do some pork spares after my other post asking between baby backs and spares.
Local grocer had them $1.99/lb
Got a 6.75lb rack
Trimmed them up, and put on a store bought rub. I usually use @SmokinAl rib rub recipe, but wanted something different today. Hopefully these turn out
Going to do 3-2-1
I don’t have apple juice, so what should I put on them when I wrap?
I usually do a couple slices of butter, some sugar (should I do brown sugar?) and a little juice.
I’m wanting to put bbq sauce on at the end as well. How soon before they are done should I do the sauce?
Here they are before going on

If you're going to wrap them in foil, try brown sugar, honey and butter. You won't need BBQ sauce.

I did ribs last week. 250 degrees for 2 hours with your favorite rub. Then the foil wrap with the brown sugar, honey and butter for an hour. Last 30 minutes, cut open the foil to let the ribs finish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky