Ribs on the smoker, winter 3-2-1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 20, 2016
Alberta Canada
Well a few of us chipped in and bought some ribs, 8 racks to do up for the boys on the rig, It's Chilly out 24°F out and we had close to 8" of snow in the last week. Got the smoker going and going to try 3-2-1 at 225 if the temps hold for us. Made a rub did up the ribs and into the fridge for the night.
Ribs.jpg

On the smoker and she is full, now watching for temps,
Ribs 1.jpg

Will update as we go....

Reactions: yankee2bbq
3 hrs at 225, pulled off for foil. A slab of butter on the foil
foil.jpg

Sauced with a new sauce we are trying out. Peach preserves, thyme, cumin, bacon, brown sugar, onions and ketchup.
sauced.jpg

Wrapped and back on smoker for 2 hrs @225.
wrapped.jpg
wait and watch...

I like em right now .. p:cool:ints to you AB ...full smoker is all good...

Yeah, already good looking and nice you did try to smoke in cooler weather.
IMG_20171019_093409.png

Bacon in the sauce.. lmao

Oh, I forgot the popcorn thing..he he..

giphy.gif

Last edited:
The last hr out of foil.
1 ribs.jpg

Garlic bread, ceaser salad, and half the tray gone in a single swoop.....
half gone.jpg

The happy well fed (spoiled) boys...
the boys.jpg

Smoker worked good, the cold was only a small factor. All in all a good day, Tomorrow trying a turkey....

New guy here. Ribs look great. But what sort of work do you do? Looks like a space shuttle launch to me.
Dale

Charlie The ribs look great I will have to try adding some butter next time. Likes
Richie

I am one of the very fortunate crew members who enjoyed these ribs...absolutely the best!! Can't wait until Charlie does up the turkey! Thanks, Charlie.

We are out on the Andy Miller rd Gary. A really nice drilling rig, Cyber chair, joystick set up. Amazing what this does compared to a conventional drilling rig. Been pretty lucky I have had this rig for a yr. and a half so far. Great group of guys out here.

Thx. all for the comments and likes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky