Ribs, Beans & Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

griz400

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
Going to smoke up some ribs .. doing the 3 - 2 1/2 method using my rub ... then a batch of griz's beans without the limas .. will substitute some northern beans for limas ..then I found some cubanelle peppers .. and will stuff these and bacon wrap some of them ...

recipes

Link for Beans http://smokingmeatforums.com/index.php?threads/grizs-no-fail-baked-beans.262496/

Link for Rub http://smokingmeatforums.com/index.php?threads/grizs-pork-rib-rub.262751/

Link for Stuffing in the peppers http://smokingmeatforums.com/index....-stuffed-turkey-bacon-wrapped-peppers.267120/

not putting any pork loin in the peppers this time
and using regular bacon ...

It's only 9 am here, used to be when I started a thread, I could leave and it would save as a draft, on the new forum, seems I can't ... so , will get back later with pics and progress ...

Last edited:
here is a little prep work for today's smoke ...
IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

trimmed up,
IMG_0773.JPG

rubbed up ... just getting mes fired up, and the ampns -- my new toy ....

well, 10:45,all in smoker, here we go !
IMG_0775.JPG

will put beans on later
IMG_0776.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Al... going to smoke em for 3 hrs.. then wrap em with BBQ sauce and brown sugar for 2 1/2 hrs, let rest and slice em up .. should be done by 4 .. game time ... lol

Peppers done ... Beans just put in smoker ... And wife made some deviled eggs ...
IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

Smoked ribs for 3 hrs now ... wrapping em up for 2 1/2 hrs now .. stirred he beans up, beans will be done at 3 :00, ribs will be done at 4:00 ... ampns made the turn, ... lol .. it's working good ...

IMG_0779.JPG

sauced ribs up and wrapped em up .. mixed up 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup sweet baby rays ...
see you all in 2 1/2 hrs ..........

Reactions: disco
You won't believe this. Someone who chastised me for not giving an invite to dinner didn't invite me to a great meal. He got a point anyway but it was so sad.

beans are done ... tried a spoonful ... &^%YTFUIG are you kiddin me ... very good ...
IMG_0781.JPG

another hr. on the ribs ... also makin some steak fries ..............

Reactions: whistech
Just missed you on your reply ... thanks for the point and always welcome here .. next time in fla ..let me know ... ribs got 1 more hr ... then let em rest, wife is making some steak fries as well... will be ribs, peppers, beans, steak fries, and deviled eggs for a money shot later ...

AMNPS worked as designed ...pulled it out cause beans are done and ribs are wrapped no other smoke needed .. check it out

IMG_0782.JPG

thanks Richie ... was a good BBQ .. Gameday ribs ... thanks for the point as well

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky