Ribeye Steak - Back to basics...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
After a couple of weeks of cooking for friends and family from out of town, it was time to simply grill a steak with some friends. Three ribeyes seasoned simply with course salt and cracked black pepper, "fresh" corn from Walmart for Elote, and Haricots Verts for roasting...
20220102_174219.jpg

Lit the grill with some lump and of course it started raining, no, pouring. Brought out the pop-up canopy and kept on...
20220102_190020.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Grilled the corn, slathered it with the sauce and coated with the Cotija, roasted the beans, sliced the steak and it was time to eat...
20220102_193643.jpg

Been a long but fun time over the holidays and now it's time to get back to our "normal"...:emoji_wink:

After a couple of weeks of cooking for friends and family from out of town, it was time to simply grill a steak with some friends. Three ribeyes seasoned simply with course salt and cracked black pepper, "fresh" corn from Walmart for Elote, and Haricots Verts for roasting...

Lit the grill with some lump and of course it started raining, no, pouring. Brought out the pop-up canopy and kept on...
View attachment 521015

Been a long but fun time over the holidays and now it's time to get back to our "normal"...:emoji_wink:
Looks absolutely delish.

You mentioned you brought out the pop-up canopy, i'm in the market for one, do you have a pic?

Looks absolutely delish.

You mentioned you brought out the pop-up canopy, i'm in the market for one, do you have a pic?
Don't have any pictures of it, but I bought it on clearance from RTIC a couple of years ago. They don't even sell them anymore. It's a 10'x10'. If I was looking to buy one now, I'd get a 12'x12'.

Thank you for the compliment...

Don't have any pictures of it, but I bought it on clearance from RTIC a couple of years ago. They don't even sell them anymore. It's a 10'x10'. If I was looking to buy one now, I'd get a 12'x12'.

Thank you for the compliment...
Did you have to modify your smoker exhaust vent? Mine come.right out of the top. No real stack.

Outstanding meal very nice job

You mentioned you brought out the pop-up canopy, i'm in the market for one,

You have to be careful when purchasing these... some will say 10 x 10 but they have SLANT legs.. the legs are 10 x 10.. BUT the canopy is only 8 x 8 ... The best on the market is the "E Z UP" brand (pricey, but they last)... much heavier duty frames... I will also suggest that when you set one up to stake/tie it down... I have seen so many of them get carried away by wind and then it breaks the frame and it's junk after that... ALWAYS tie it down ...

BTW.. those steaks look to die for... nice job ...

Agree totally, except the Coor, i need an IPA .
I like Wicked Weed and I buy their Hop Spectrum variety pack, but I'd already had 2 Pernicious and that's enough for me in one night.
That's like my favorite dinner right there! Nice job.
Thank you, Brian. After all the meals I've cooked in the past 2 weeks, it was time for something simple.
Oh man that all looks great!
Thank you, Sandy...
Outstanding meal very nice job
I really appreciate it, piney...
Nice, I’d hit that plate hard… Well done!
You'd be welcome at my table anytime, thank you...
You have to be careful when purchasing these... some will say 10 x 10 but they have SLANT legs.. the legs are 10 x 10.. BUT the canopy is only 8 x 8 ... The best on the market is the "E Z UP" brand (pricey, but they last)... much heavier duty frames... I will also suggest that when you set one up to stake/tie it down... I have seen so many of them get carried away by wind and then it breaks the frame and it's junk after that... ALWAYS tie it down ...

BTW.. those steaks look to die for... nice job ...
Thank you, Keith. Yes you are correct on the pop-up. If I was buying one today, it would be the E-Z UP and always tie them down, but even that may not stop mother nature...

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Awesome looking meal! What a great life we have in this country when that is a basic meal!🤣 looks incredible! Love that slathered corn too!

Awesome looking meal! What a great life we have in this country when that is a basic meal!🤣 looks incredible! Love that slathered corn too!
Thanks, Jed. My intention wasn't to imply that eating ribeyes was a basic meal, just that the cooking techniques weren't overly complicated or time consuming which was the case over the holidays...:emoji_wink:

Oh Man great looking meal. I'm getting the craving for a some red meat and the 14yo son (food consumer) has mentioned its about time for a steak. Thinking if I survive the next four twelve hour shifts at work I'm gonna have to fire up the kettle. Thanks for the nudge!
Jim

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Thanks, Jed. My intention wasn't to imply that eating ribeyes was a basic meal, just that the cooking techniques weren't overly complicated or time consuming which was the case over the holidays...:emoji_wink:
Sorry! I wasn't trying to imply anything or be insulting. More of a joke, but I do think we live in an awesome country! I understand you were talking about basic techniques. Awesome meal!

Sorry! I wasn't trying to imply anything or be insulting.
Thank you, Jed, and I didn't take it that way at all. After your reply, I went back and re-read my post and I thought that it didn't come out the way I had intended. And YES, we live in a great country!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky