Rib Racks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vfl57

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 5, 2015
Does anyone cook their ribs on a rib rack? I have to cook 6 slabs of St. Louis Style ribs for Christmas on my Kamado Big Joe and have never used one before since I’ve always cooked my ribs laying flat on the grate but can’t seem a way to fit that many slabs on without the rib rack. Any tips/ tricks are appreciated. Thanks guys!

A few months back I used a rack to hold four slabs of ribs on my stick burner, the other side of the grill was full of chicken. They work great, try to leave enough room between racks for spritzing. RAY

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I have used rib racks several times and always seems to work well. every half hour i turn mine around to cook even and spritz em. like was said leave some space between them.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I have used them a few times. Since the Weber racks were shorter than 1/2 rack SLRs I added a skewer through the rib ends on the rack to keep a space between the ribs for better smoke and heat circulation. I suppose its arguable whether it was needed but it worked well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky