Refrige smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chukarorbust

Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
Anybody have one they are using that they would share pictures of??? I am nothing but a bigginer.. I've been using the little chief..( Ya little chief)
icon_rolleyes.gif
. I was just wondering if someone could enlighten me on a fridge smoker design with a gas burner and the venting system ??? I know very old school, but I want to build one and need some help... (Baby steps)
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Ryan...

Again thanks...

Lot of refer and freezer conversions around here. Do a forum search and you will come up with threads for builds of all kinds, elec, gas, and charcoal. Heres my current incarnation.
c0a2e772_vbattach23650.jpg

057f5c05_vbattach23651.jpg

3ac4635d_vbattach23652.jpg

22df07e6_vbattach23653.jpg

Well this en is electric an fer my sausage, hams an bacon. It wouldn't be hard ta make it gas though.

Besure ta find an old fridge if ya can, one that be lined with enamel, otherwise ya gotta pull all that plastic out an reline.

This one also has a smoke generator on it. It's used mostly fer lower temp smokin, but also has the ability ta do high temp smokin as well.

Thanks everyone. very nice set ups. i am picking up 2 refers tomorrow.. This site is lights out.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
I've been browing>>>???? Lights out people and mod!!!! Stand up stuff on here.. I have a camera and will be posting and asking alot of questions??? wild stuff... You guys have it going on!!!!!

Ryan.

When you get a chance, swing by the roll call and introduce yourself in a little more detail. Lots of good folks willing to share their knowledge (and mistakes) with you here. Hope you like it.

I built and am in the process of seasoning one of them. Mines not as high tech but have got the temp dialed in I think. I have 15 pounds of elk jerky cureing for my first smoke tommorrow.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
I'll take some pictures. i am just useing the high mountain blend. (Hickory) 200 for 2 hours... It works well in my oven so i'm hopeing that the mayden voyage will turn out. I am going to use apple wood. (Nothing fancy) actually very (generic) But its a start... Just easing my way into the water.
PDT_Armataz_01_41.gif

Ryan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky