Quick Burgers on My Indoor Grill (Smokeless)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Quick Burgers on My Indoor Grill (Smokeless)

Too much Snow & Too Cold for this Old Bear to Venture Outside!!!

This will be the first time I’ve had regular Beef Burgers (without Venison) in years.
It’s also the first time I ever Grilled store-bought pre-formed Burger Patties.
I’ve often had these at Picnics, but I’ve never actually made them myself before.
So I fired up my Smokeless Indoor Grill to the Max of 500°.
Then I dropped 4 Burger Patties on the Grill, and let them sit awhile to get some Grill Marks.
Then I flipped them a few times to get them done the way I like them, with just a bit of Pink on the inside.
Then for my first Burger I added a slice of American Cheese, and put the lid on to get it melted.
A good coating of Kelchner’s Hot Mustard made this one Really Great !
Night #2---Then I put a McDonald’s twist on the second one, by adding both Ketchup & Mustard, and mixing them up on the Buns.
Then a slice of Cheese on that one, and about 30 seconds in the Nuke-U-Later to melt it.
These burgers weren’t near as good as my Home Formed Deerburgers, but they really weren’t so bad.
I’ll make them again, now & then.

I know this looks bad, My making Store bought pre-made Burgers on an indoor Grill, but it's just too hard for me to get around, especially in the Winter.
Sorry Guys!

Thanks for stopping in!!

Bear

Preheating Grill to 500°:
IMG_6433.jpeg

4 Patties getting started:
IMG_6434.jpeg

Thin Grill marks starting to show:
IMG_6437.jpeg

Cover to melt cheese on one:
IMG_6438.jpeg

Ready to remove, with nice Grill Marks & Cheese on my First one:
IMG_6439.jpeg

Some Kelchner's Hot Mustard went Great on this one:
IMG_6440.jpeg

Night #2---A McDonald's Twist on this one, with Ketchup & Mustard Mixed:
IMG_6441.jpeg

Slap them together to Mix:
IMG_6442.jpeg

Burger & Cheese added:
IMG_6443.jpeg

Pretty Good Burger!!!
IMG_6444.jpeg

Brother alls you need is a homemade Pickle
I'm with ya all the way indoor cooking for a few more weeks.
Richie

Nothing to be sorry about from where I sit . Those look like Bubba burgers . ( brand ) . Good stuff .
Do them a lot this time of year .
Not much of a ketchup guy , but I do like the mustard / ketchup mix on these . ( and chopped onions ) .
That's a great meal , and the grill does a good job on those .
Nice work .

Reactions: TNJAKE
Gotta do what ya gotta do. Good looking burgers.
Been doing more inside also. This -20° crap is getting old. May get a break come Wed.

Nice looking burger Bear, looks like that grill works pretty good! I don’t blame ya for not smoking outside! We are under a weather watch... possibility of -45* with wind chill this weekend!

The key to McDonald's burgers, IMO, is rehydrating some minced onions in the microwave. Then, preferably, wrap and microwave the whole assembled burger for 3-7sec to get more of that onion flavor into the bun.

I can't blame ya with these temps Bear. I was very curious to see what type(s) of cheese you might use here after the Cheese taste post!

Nice piece of work John, I'm going to need some onions on mine, Like! I'd never go outside in the crap, my joints would freeze up and I'd never make it back in. RAY

Was it a big brand? Years ago I used to get Bubba's Burger coupons that were often cheaper than buying ground beef. Good, too. Don't ever be afraid of frozen "steak-ums" shaved steak either. Often BOGO so $6/lb and GREAT for philly cheesesteaks

Brother alls you need is a homemade Pickle
I'm with ya all the way indoor cooking for a few more weeks.
Richie

Thank You Richie!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nothing to be sorry about from where I sit . Those look like Bubba burgers . ( brand ) . Good stuff .
Do them a lot this time of year .
Not much of a ketchup guy , but I do like the mustard / ketchup mix on these . ( and chopped onions ) .
That's a great meal , and the grill does a good job on those .
Nice work .

Thank You Rich!!
Yup---They probably were Bubbas!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Gotta do what ya gotta do. Good looking burgers.
Been doing more inside also. This -20° crap is getting old. May get a break come Wed.

Thank You Rider!!
Looks like we're going to get less snow soon, but more cold.

Bear

Nice looking burger Bear, looks like that grill works pretty good! I don’t blame ya for not smoking outside! We are under a weather watch... possibility of -45* with wind chill this weekend!

Thank You Justin!!
-45°---Ouch!! The coldest I can remember was Bear Hunting in Pike County @ -13°.
That's cold enough for me!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

The key to McDonald's burgers, IMO, is rehydrating some minced onions in the microwave. Then, preferably, wrap and microwave the whole assembled burger for 3-7sec to get more of that onion flavor into the bun.

Thank You Drew!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: Hamdrew
I can't blame ya with these temps Bear. I was very curious to see what type(s) of cheese you might use here after the Cheese taste post!

LOL---I pretty much always use American, because it's the only cheese that we keep in stock at all times. If I want Provolone, I have to plan ahead & order some.

Bear

Thank You Drew!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
I know how to make white castles, too, if you like those. Takes a day of prep (and excessively ground, paste-like 70/30 or so) but WELL worth it if you like them. And have a hard time spending $20 on 30 burgers that'll be gone by the night.. lol.

Just roll out with a rolling pin, score and punch holes, freeze, and cook on those same rehydrated onions (a LOT of them). No flip, and the burgers never touch the grill. Cover with the buns all over to help steam them.

Bear, are you kidding me?! The burger looks absolutely delicious! This is exactly how I love them: cheese, mustard and ketchup. I would add some bacon on it but... it's just me! :emoji_wink:

Thank You Pushok !!
Thanks for the reminder ---I haven't added Bacon for quite awhile!!
I need to do that!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice piece of work John, I'm going to need some onions on mine, Like! I'd never go outside in the crap, my joints would freeze up and I'd never make it back in. RAY

Thank You Ray!!
We don't stock Onions.
I can only eat them Fried, and Mrs Bear doesn't eat them at all.
Snow & cold never bothered Me until about 8 years ago.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky