Quarter chicken dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Smoked 1/4 chickens in MES at 250F for 3 hrs. The plan was to move them to grill but started to drizzle when I was getting set up and forecast to start raining any minute. Left chicken in the smoker. Sooooo, it stops drizzling. Oh well, the chicken was quite tasty. I learned a few cooks ago to put seasoning UNDER the skin as well as on the skin as you are flavouring the meat not just skin which may or may not be edible.
Chicken quarters.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good! Can't let mother nature ruin your cooks!

Ryan

We have also had that afternoon rain forecast. I am certainly not complaining, I just switched to grilling after the rain passes through. Good to see you were able to fire up the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky