Prime rib sounds good .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
So I grabbed a whole rib roast the other day . Broke it down into steaks and a couple roast .
$9.39 a pound . About as cheap as it gets here .
20240426_130344.jpg
Seasoned up with Canadian steak seasoning and held overnight in the fridge .

This morning I got it out to warm on the counter for a few hours before going on
The SmokeFire .
20240428_144203.jpg
Set it to smoke boost and let it run while I watched the race .
This is about half way through .
20240428_170641.jpg

My Son made brussel sprouts . Baked in the oven then hit with honey , lemon and chili crisp .
They were awesome .
He also makes a baked mashed potato thing . Has eggs , sour cream and onions in it .
They're good too .
I made an Asiago and rosemary sourdough . Everything was really good , but I'd have to say
the bread was the star .
Pulled the roast at 122 thinking it would carry over more , but it didn't .
I like it more around 130 , because it cuts better and has more flavor I think .
Still good though . My Daughter tore it up . The bread got devoured . Great flavor in that .
Anyway ,, Moo Moo ,
20240428_181132.jpg
Here's the bread .
20240428_155557.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful looking meal!! Prime rib looks Awesome but I hear you on that bread! Looks like a Winner for sure!

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks great Rich. Color on the meat looks just right. Excellent plated shot. The bread looks delicious as usual. Nice job.

Whoa, that's one fine dish Rich, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat! Do the sprouts get steamed and then sauteed in the honey-pickle-lemon? I eat sprouts a lot, be nice to shake things up. RAY

Beautiful looking meal!! Prime rib looks Awesome but I hear you on that bread!
Thanks bud . The bread was a surprise . First time I did one flavored like that . you should have smelled it baking .
very nice.
Thanks !
Looks great Rich.
Thanks Mike . Appreciate the comment .
Whoa, that's one fine dish
Thank you Ray .
Do the sprouts get steamed and then sauteed in the honey-pickle-lemon? I eat sprouts a lot, be nice to shake things up.
They were great . I'll get you the rundown , but he baked them in the oven , and when done and hot out of the oven he squeezed the lemon over the top , and drizzled the honey , then mixed in the chili crisp .

Last edited:
More scratch & sniff pics - My goodness. Rib-eye roast is my favorite
It sure smelled good in the kitchen , and out back . Heck in the front too . I went out to get a package and said , Man someones cooking something good . Turned out it was me ! Lol .
Thanks for looking .
Great looking plate of food Rich
Thank you Jim .
Great looking meal Choppy!
Thanks . The meat needed a bit longer on the rest , but you know how it is . You'd think everyone is starving to death .
Cant wait to try my hand at SD bread!
Jim , it's nuts . Completely addicting . I mixed up more dough this morning to put in the fridge .
Baked the one in this thread yesterday , did this one at the end of last week .
20240416_181958.jpg

Looks awesome Rich!! I'd love that prime rib for sure. I'm curious when you say bits the Brussels sprouts with pickle crisp as in calcium chloride?

Looks awesome Rich!!
Thanks Jeff . Horseradish and prime rib are a weakness for me .
I'm curious when you say bits the Brussels sprouts with pickle crisp as in calcium chloride?
LOL . I guess I was still stuck on the pickles I made over the weekend .
How 'bout Chili crisp . Nice catch .

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great!!! I'll take the leftovers!
Thanks .
Awesome all around that prime rib is to die for. If it doesn't kick or bite, I can handle it.
Thanks Warren . My Father in law used to say " Knock the horns off wipe it's backside and put it on the plate "

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky