Prime Brisket grind

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Tired of paying for crap burger so I decided to grind a prime packer from Costco. $2.99 for a nice chunk of marbled beef works for me. Tossed in some onion and garlic for the first time. Did a 14# brisket. Chunked, froze and partial defrost (barely). Ground very nicely through my small plate as I find second grind a pain. I thought the grind looked very nice from this hunk o meat. Made 1.25# packages and some 1/3# pound seasoned patties. Thought they would be good camping meals. Froze on platters and vac sealed. Can't wait to try. First try at ground beef. Always do venison. Nice to NOT have to trim.
IMG_1937.jpg
IMG_1938.jpg
IMG_1941.jpg

Looking forward to trying these. I thought the fat content was heavier than I planned based on color. I think it is gonna be very nice!

Heck yes, fry some up and let us know what you think! Looks good!

Ryan

Reactions: jmusser
I just did some Costco prime packer a few weeks ago and it's every bit of 70/30. I'm probably going to do another but be a little more heavy handed with the fat trim.

Reactions: jmusser
I just did some Costco prime packer a few weeks ago and it's every bit of 70/30. I'm probably going to do another but be a little more heavy handed with the fat trim.
I totally agree based on what i saw. Had a had time throwing that marbled prime into the grinder though. I have only ground pork and venison before. Venison vs prime brisket- that is a different look! Can't wait to try.

Reactions: tallbm
Thanks for the likes and comments all. Good use of a snow day!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky