Prepping for first baby back smoke!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Are you sure of your cook temps? They look like they were cooked at a much higher temp than 225-240. Were you using a temp probe that was checked for accuracy recently? Did you have it on the grate next to the ribs?
Yes....temp probe never got above 240. I was disappointed with the taste, very chalky almost bitter tasting. I do believe I used too much hickory chips throughout the smoke. I'm going to try again and use NO wood chips at all. Also, going to keep a very close eye on the last hr of the smoke.

Mike  

I found that when I did BB the 2-2-1 method was a little long for my taste so I slightly modified it to 1.5-1.5-45 and now 9.9 times out of 10 they come out perfect

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky