Potato peeler

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Further research it really does not work unless the potatoes have been boiled for a while. Just something to get people to see his channel I suspect.

Back in the late 80's I was in the Army stationed at Ft Benning. I remember getting pulled for KP (kitchen police) duty occasionally and running a machine that looked like a small cement mixer. It did the same thing but with 50 pound bags of russets. It worked fast lol. Wasn't fun but a helluva lot better than scrubbing pot and pans.

Reactions: PAS
Back in the late 80's I was in the Army stationed at Ft Benning. I remember getting pulled for KP (kitchen police) duty occasionally and running a machine that looked like a small cement mixer. It did the same thing but with 50 pound bags of russets. It worked fast lol. Wasn't fun but a helluva lot better than scrubbing pot and pans.
At Ft Gorden they wouldn't let us use it, said you blink and you had marbles lol

I would have to peel 50lbs of russet after my morning shift was over. Only thing I had was a butter knife to scrape the skin off. I wish there was an easier way.

I got stuck down the Youtube rabbit hole earlier and saw a way to peel potatoes.
He scored around the raw potato using a scissors.
Not sure why he didn't use a knife, maybe faster with the two blades of the scissors.
Then boiled them, and when done he put then in ice water.
After cooled, took one out and just sort of squeezed the potato and the skin slid off.
Have no idea whether it's legit or not.

This video is different that the one I saw, but same concept.
Easy way to Peel Potatoes

I do eat mashed potato sometimes, depending what I have as the main course but most times I bake my potatoes in a air fryer @400 F for 30 minutes. Produces the best baked potato's I have ever had. Internal temp ends up around 200-210 F which is perfect for a baked potato. From there you can even make potato skins. Pretty hard to do if we remove the skin lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky