Post tenderloin questions.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NamVetJoe

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
Naples Fl
This is the first time I will be smoking two pork tenderloins. I have mesquite. oak and pecan chunks. which do you boys and girls prefer? One has dry rub and the other loin has been marinading in a honey teriyaki marinate photos will follow

Personally I smoke everything with either oak or hickory.
But since the tenderloins won't take very long to cook you may want to use mesquite.
That is if you like more smoke flavor.
Al

Thanks, Al the mesquite it is. I am figuring 2 to 2 1/2 hours does that sound right. I am also going to smoke some beans BUT right now I am off to one of the local micro beer pubs for a growler of something to go with the pork

At 225, I don't think they will take that long, if they are tenderloins, not loins.
Use a meat therm & take them off at 138-140. Let them rest on the counter about 1/2 hour & the carryover cooking will bring them up to 145.
Sounds like your going to have a great meal tonight!
Al

am using a Maverick ET 733 to monitor the temps. Gave the one with the rub a light pant of yellow mustard before the rub
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1541.JPG
IMG_1542.JPG

Looks mighty tasty from my screen.

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky