Possible Restaurant

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbrinton2373

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
Ogden
For several years now I have been contemplating opening a BBQ restaurant here in Northern Utah.  I just get so disappointed everytime I try a so called BBQ restaurant that It makes me want to open one even more so.  I have managed for different restaurant chains and have a good handle on how to run a place and can cook well.

I have the entire menu planned out from appetizers to desserts with all my own recipes and some unique creations of my own.

My questions are for people that may have or are currently running a BBQ restaurant

For the best possible food quality how do you keep the meat prior to serving?  If I have to cook a shoulder for 14+hrs I can't just throw it together but if it sits out it gets dry?  My thoughts are to vacuum seal after cooking and then use boiling water to heat as needed.  Can anyone give me any advice or point me in the right direction.  I would even love to maybe come visit someones establishment to actually see in person how you do your cooking and such.  No I don't want to know your secret ingredients just your techniques.

Thanks.

I have not run or owned a Restaurant in about 10 years but I would hold Fast movers like Brisket and Turkey in an Alto-Shaam at 145*.Then pull and Carve to Order under Heat Lamps... You can hold Ribs this way or Cold and Finish on the Char Boiler. Pulled Pork is WAY easier to reheat than an 8-10lb Butt. You can Bag it and Steam it ( faster than Boiling Water ) or add Finishing Sauce and hold on the Steam table. Many Restaurants Cook and Chill meat and then Slice and reheat Beef and Turkey in AuJus on the line. You will most likely will use a combo of these methods depending on volume. And remember the only thing that gets thrown out is waste from the Dining Room...Everything in the Kitchen is Recycled, Re-purposed or Composted. Good Luck...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky