Porkchops 2 Inches Thick and Big as Your Hand

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
It started with Breakfast, which was pretty good.
Hash-browns, Eggs and Spam with onion/bell pepper.

JkARRp5.jpg

Dinner is gonna be da'bomb with huge grilled porkchops.
Wet brined for 24 hours, then rubbed with an herb seasoning mix and allowed to marinate in the fridge for another 3 hours.

CBK7gSj.jpg

k1hYuCi.jpg

H9sdoVS.jpg

7qLMRmp.jpg

HL9uYB1.jpg

Gonna go on a screaming hot grill to an IT of 135° and the carry over should be a perfect 140°.
Stay tuned pork fans.

Last edited:
Oh yeah . Nice cut of pork chop . I like where you're heading , but I'd have to quick cure a couple and smoke 'em .
Watching .

Reactions: chilerelleno
Man I love me some fried spam from time to time so the breakfast I am in on. I just bought a case of Spam on Amazon on sale for about $2.20 a can. Those chops look fantastic too. Gonna look even better cooked up.

Man I love me some fried spam from time to time so the breakfast I am in on. I just bought a case of Spam on Amazon on sale for about $2.20 a can. Those chops look fantastic too. Gonna look even better cooked up.
Woof.... A case of Spam would last me a loooongggg time lol. I get a hankering for it once in a blue moon, I slice it thin, fry it like bacon, and pile it up with mustard and American cheese.

Seems like only yesterday it was regularly priced at about a buck.89

Those chops are honkers!

iwQRBxV.jpg

muJ63qS.jpg

LOSXQTY.jpg

zhI97Nr.jpg

Sweet Milk Corn

10 ears of sweet corn
1gal water
4c whole milk or heavy cream
2 sticks of butter
1/2c sugar
1/8c salt
2 6" sprigs of fresh Rosemary
Fresh Thyme equivalent to the Rosemary

Bring water to a boil, lower heat to slow simmer and add rest of the ingredients.
Cook corn 5-10 minutes.

h6h3Rno.jpg

OPo74XS.jpg

These chops were sooooo tender and juicy.
Wet brining pork is the way to go.
The whole family was grunting and chewing, rolling their eyes back and when they finally came up for air the compliments to the cook were very good.
5Sl1BJW.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that breakfast would have me back in bed for a few hours...in time to wake up and eat that dinner. Very curious about the milk corn, please elaborate on the cook.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky